Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Mobile

Started by iAmMatt [1522363] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 366 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Shamonty [1041479] ×2 Mauk [1494436] ×2 Porny [604593] ×1 Noc [1662321] ×1 Flugkatze [1718691] ×1

iAmMatt [1522363]

Now, I'm not usually one to complain about things and overall I think that the RESPO update of Torn is overall a success. For the PC its great to use and it is more visually appealing.

But.... I cant be the only person who finds it hard to navigate and overall difficult play torn on a mobile device, can I? I mean, the update is great, but I think that the mobile version needs some work.

I used to use my mobile to access torn as it was quick and easy to use when I was out at work, or wherever. Now its more of a pain to play mobile, so I wont be playing mobile anymore. Do you think that torn has/will lose some players because of this? Hopefully in the next couple of weeks they will improve it more. What do you think?

Mauk [1494436]

I agree that there are some problems, but, to be fair, the actual usage is on par with current responsive websites. I haven't used it a whole lot , but I think it's just a few tweaks from being quite usable.

Noc [1662321]

its definetly more of a pain ched said on another thread there going to be looking at other options but i agree playing on a mobile atm is more long winded and takes more time then before to perform simple clicks just have to wait n see what they do lad doesnt mean you cant bitch moan and whatnot in the mean time ;)

iAmMatt [1522363]

Im glad that it isnt only me that is having the problems, but at the same time I hope they can see that there is a problem and will fix it.

Noc [1662321]
Shamonty [1041479]

Really hard to use Torn in mobile.
It will be better if they can make a simplified mobile version for torn.

this

Mentions: Shamonty [1041479]

Flugkatze [1718691]
Mauk [1494436]

I agree that there are some problems, but, to be fair, the actual usage is on par with current responsive websites. I haven't used it a whole lot , but I think it's just a few tweaks from being quite usable.

Had to use it for two days because I was in hospital and I couldn't be arsed to explore the new Torn due to the navigation.
It wasn't fun. Especially when the reception is really poor and unfortunately that's very common in a hospital.

In my opinion an easier mobile version would be much better.

Mentions: Mauk [1494436]

Noc [1662321]
Flugkatze [1718691]
Mauk [1494436]

I agree that there are some problems, but, to be fair, the actual usage is on par with current responsive websites. I haven't used it a whole lot , but I think it's just a few tweaks from being quite usable.

Had to use it for two days because I was in hospital and I couldn't be arsed to explore the new Torn due to the navigation.
It wasn't fun. Especially when the reception is really poor and unfortunately that's very common in a hospital.

In my opinion an easier mobile version would be much better.

:P btw did you drop the baby?

Mentions: Flugkatze [1718691] · Mauk [1494436]

Saeger [1831700]

I agree.The last mobile version was better it was fast and easy to use
I hope they can can make a lighter version for mobile ..............
Suneo [154538]
Noc [1662321]
Shamonty [1041479]Really hard to use Torn in mobile.
It will be better if they can make a simplified mobile version for torn.

this

this. and please make it work

Mentions: Noc [1662321] · Shamonty [1041479]

Odd [1425669]

Looks like the mobile version isn't made for any kind of phone, just the most expensive ones, and with a good connection. My items page takes so long to load I takes me almost 10 minutes just to use a xanax.
KPCSlor [1557404]

Just give me the option to view the full dekstop site!

Today I failed a crime and was hospd - What a pain in to have to med out of the hospital on mobile. I hate not being able to see my status bars with energy and nerve. If I want a zoomed in version I will zoom in. The new gui is too micro focused and would be a horrible game experience for new users.
iAmMatt [1522363]
Porny [604593]It would be better if you could stop making threads about the same subject.

Sorry, I wasn't too sure if there was a thread or not regarding how terrible the mobile site has become. I had a look and couldn't find any.

RESPO is new so there are going to be threads relating to it.




Mentions: Porny [604593]

iamthechief [856143]

More and more is done in mobile devices these days. Not sure why Torn has gone opposite directions.
- Can't zoom on iphones/iPads (most important feature in particular if the font is so mall)
- Have to click on every link/icon 2x before anything happens
- It took just under 2min to logon/train/Xanax - now the same process takes 5min
- It's slow - slow - slow

Overall - disappointing mobile experience