Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DayZ Overpoch

Started by mrcaptain [1300796] on in Gaming.

4 replies · 69 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
10 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
mrcaptain [1300796]

Anyone playing it? Been playing epoch for ages and recently switched to Overpoch. Been playing a few servers, but don't have a 'team' to play with, and so can't really build a base or anything.
If you fancy playing together, mail me.
Or even if you play it but don't want to team up, what do you think of the game?
Also, what is your favourite map?


Gungrave [470221]

Was going to buy this game up until I read reviews that its mostly just a pvp game since zombies aren't that common to come across and when you encounter players it usually results in either being handcuffed and tortured or eventually being betrayed and stabbed in the back.

I'll wait for better zombie multiplayer game to come out.
Td3h [1785428]

Haven't played Overpoch yet, but downloaded the launcher earlier today. I enjoy Taviana and occasionally Chernaurus quite alot too. The Dayz Mod is definitely worth playing, altough I'd suggest smaller Servers where people dont just shoot on sight Gungrave.

Coupled with the fact that Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead are quite enjoyable games even without the Dayz Mod I can only suggest buying them, especially if they happen to be on a sale.

For Overpoch from what I've heard I can agree that it seems alot more like a pvp scenario with a couple of zombies scattered inbetween, but I'm willing to revise that opinion once I've actually played it.
mrcaptain [1300796]

DayZ standalone is different from DayZ Overpoch. DayZ overpoch is a mod of Arma 2. Standalone is ok, but I prefer overpoch. There is more to do. Yes, it can be a bit annoying when you get people who kill on sight, but that adds to the fun of it, I think. Zombies aren't that common, but I think that's a good thing. Too many zombies would kill the game I think.

I'm currently playing 2 Chernaurus servers and a NAPF server.




RainBolt [1726641]

I have played on several overpoch servers.... It's very fun playing them on NAPF.. some guns are more overpowered than others *cough cough Intervention* its fun riding around in a 350z though and parking it inside your palace! It can get very boring though after about 3 weeks because you can have about 10 of each gun in your storage shed