Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Philistine - Baseball + NCAAB

Started by Hydr0 [304168] on in Gambling.

484 replies · 3.3k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 485 / 485 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
485
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
71 / 100
Engagement score
88 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Player 1481902 [1481902] ×2 Jouldax [1753444] ×2

Hydr0 [304168]

Baseball


Philistine is going to be looking after the baseball this season, all games will be added (unless the odds are not up or other circumstances prevent it).

Philistine will be covering the  NCAAB this season
Please use this thread for requests or to talk about your bets on these sports!

Thanks.
--------------------
NCAAB
I will aim to have 12 to 20 matches listed per day as long as there are at least that many out. Past that if you want a match listed that isn't out currently, please leave a message in this topic, mail or chat me at your convenience and I will try to put the match out if he has time and there is more than 2 hours left for people to bet.
 
I testing to see the optimal method to get people to bet while making the matches interesting, right now I will always do handicap for matches at 10.5 or higher, but below that I am currently testing doing Win Margins on matches with a handicap under 10. If you have a late match you want added, I may do it in a simple handicap, depending on how pressed for time I am. 
 
I am going to try to base the games I offer off of who is on the AP top 25 poll, that way the most relevant teams will always be up. I will add in filler games after that. 
 
I am always looking for feedback, the goal here is to make betting on NCAAB/FIBA fun and interesting for anyone who wants to bet on these games. I would be happy to respond to mail, a private chat or a note left on this topic. Criticism is welcome too.
 
I'm not sure what the plan for the tournament is yet, open to all suggestions if you think one type of bet will go over better than others. 
 
-Phil

GrantAFC [1481902]
Jouldax [1753444]The Cardinals-Dodgers game is missing. Starts at 19:10

Any reason this wasnt added , apart from Kershaw is Free money

Every game added except dodgers , id like to know why ?

Mentions: Jouldax [1753444]

Mr-Torn [1628455]
GrantAFC [1481902]
Jouldax [1753444]The Cardinals-Dodgers game is missing. Starts at 19:10

Any reason this wasnt added , apart from Kershaw is Free money

Every game added except dodgers , id like to know why ?


Is it because i keep winning money? :P

Mentions: GrantAFC [1481902] · Jouldax [1753444]

deft [979003]

I add all of the games that are available to be added. If oddsmakers decide to withhold the odds until several hours before game start, they won't always get added, based on my real life schedule. I've posted this dozens of times throughout my threads the past 2+ years i've been a bookie. I thought you would know this by now GrantAFC.
GrantAFC [1481902]

Well my apologies deft , just seemed suspicious that kershaw wasnt added vs cardinals on sunday , and wasnt added today until just there.

Thanks for adding them tonight after the mail , many thanks :)
Maruto [1634194]

just wondering !! I placed my bet on MLB Rays At Tigers Baseball match on 4/7/2014
got the result on 2014/07/05 8:30:25 AM that I lost the match bec. Tigers which I bet 1 Bil. on lost
but when I checked on that site

http://www.goalwire.com/en/statistics_and_tables/baseball/usa/mlb/detroit_tigers_vs_tampa_bay_rays/4738082/

It shows that 1st match bet. those teams ended 8-1 for Tigers so can u pls explain it ?
deft [979003]

Gaia, on July 4th, the Rays beat the Tigers by a score of 6-3. http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=340704106&teams=tampa-bay-rays-vs-detroit-tigers
deft [979003]

Currently, there's no odds out for the home run derby yet, which is kind of surprising considering the lineups were finalized a few days ago. I will check back in about 6 hours hopefully it'll be available then. No all-star odds are available either :/
deft [979003]

What? they were up today. Site we use has not been great lately.

There's currently no odds available for me to list before I go to sleep, so will do in morning.
deft [979003]

I live on the west coast of US so I'm 8 hours behind torn time. I work late and come back to add remaining games around 5-8pm torn time.
deft [979003]
GrantAFC [1481902]
01:05Oakland Athletics (J Lester) At Kansas City Royals (J Shields)
10/11

10/11
2nd Oct 2014
01:05San Francisco Giants (Bumgarner) At Pittsburgh Pirates (E Volquez)
5/6

evens
20:00Detroit Tigers (M Scherzer) At Baltimore Orioles (C Tillman)
10/13

11/10
3rd Oct 2014
23:35St. Louis Cardinals (Wainwright) At Los Angeles Dodgers (C Kershaw)
7/4

10/21
Paddypower ^


 Perhaps you should apply for my position.

Mentions: GrantAFC [1481902]