Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

More UI Suggestions

Started by KaelDecosta [1845289] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 21 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
30 / 100
KaelDecosta [1845289]

I do like the updated look of Torn. While I agree it does take some getting used to, there are a few major annoyances that I have found.

I'm sure not everyone will considers these as issues, I primarily use my laptop while moving around (so no mouse, I use the trackpad). A number of the issues revolve around having to move from one corner of the page to another for a single task that has to be repeated (e.g. First Aid Kits) or problems with navigation/layout.


Using Items While In Hospital

Here is the current process for using multiple First Aid Kits and Small First Aid Kits:
1. Discover that you are in the Hospital, check the time remaining2. Go to the Items Page3. Scroll down and search for theFirst Aid Kit4. Click on theUse button (that looks like a check mark)5. Click on Yes (you will see the time remaining in the hospital, I like this) In the old system there was aUse Another option. Can we have this back?
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 as needed7. Scroll down and search for theSmall First Aid Kidif needed
8. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you are out of the hospital
Suggestions:1. Allow the use of medical items ON the Hospital page2. Group items in inventory by type, allow us to apply filters by type as well
3. Provide the ability toUse Another on items that can be used multiple times
Navigating a profile page

This is very minor, but when I visit a persons profile, I'm not able to see any useful information until I scroll down into the page. To me it would be very useful to have the information (life points, days since last action, property, spouse) in the same area as actions (view details, message, attack).



Making Forum Posts

Making lengthy posts (like this one) is tricky when the box is so tiny. Can you make it expandable? Of course there are limits to consider, but at least let the height grow up to a certain maximum value rather than let it be a static small box.

Also, it won't allow me to make bullets on a small section, the use bullets shortcut will make the entire post bullets...
And it won't let me use multiple levels of indenting

N.B. I did notice (and use) the expanded version where you can see various editing and formatting tools (even a word count) but even that is a bit small.