Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Respopensation

Started by APOLLO [862724] on in General Discussion.

40 replies · 569 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
50 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×10 cyberdude [1613175] ×5 boo [1544641] ×3 PatBenatar [420347] ×2 McDallas [14757] ×1 dunmugmeh [538353] ×1

APOLLO [862724]

I am a mobile user, I rarely if ever play Torn from a PC or other device.

In hindsight I find it incredibly amusing that prior to RESPO my biggest concern was that army points would get nerfed. It never occurred to me that my capacity to get on here and have some fun would get nerfed.


Two weeks in and as a mobile user I am finding that I am not so worried about energy anymore, not worried about crimes actually sometimes I just don't worry about logging in.

Its not that I don't want to. Before RESPO I would be calculating how many extra trains i could get in before my xanax wore off and so on and so forth.

It is my belief that the inconvenience that has been visited upon the citizens of Torn by this update, make perfectly reasonable grounds for some form of compensation.

It would be nice for management to give us that consideration. As to what they should give, I am not sure. However I do feel that it should be of some significance and not just a small token gesture.


Robb-Stark [1075937]

Ched the mobile version is over top it lags freezes items can not be used and its not mobile friendly I hate playing on the mobile





Gux- [1537338]

I don't believe we need any "compensation" as you have the choice to login via pc and everyone who uses mobiles will have been disadvantaged too. There is no way to fairly compensate.

I personally play a lot from mobile and in answer to Ched's question, I find that respo on mobile is very unresponsive. To chain via mobile is near impossible due to the scroll down moving the page down not the opposing factions user list. It can be very difficult to move between pages as often it takes multiple clicks to actually begin loading that page. Although the aesthetics are drastically improved and does bring the game into a new era.

Ultimately I would like to see a few minor changes which in my mind could make the game that much more user friendly!

Just for reference I am using a samsung s3 mini running android ice cream sandwich/ jelly bean and using the internet app (not motzilla/ chrome)
boo [1544641]

- Remove this "Take action" button from people's profiles when you select an action on mobile.
http://i.gyazo.com/467b5e7ada87e267b0586489daeb85af.png

- Insert the thread title on each page in the forums at the top
http://i.gyazo.com/18e2bfd6c8b265d085952673ce8b8ab7.png

- Change warbase so you don't have to scroll as stupidly through members - the long list page was fine on mobile!
http://i.gyazo.com/02c89a5dc76e528a40a6f1a3de4790b5.png

- Fix permissions editing for factions on mobile site where it clears everyone's permissions if you press submit

- Enable a Pinch-to-zoom in & out - we don't care about having to zoom!

- more to come...
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Those sound like very basic issues that wouldn't be too limiting. You can still login. These are very minor problems and there are more serious issues which take priority.

I also don't see what use you'd have with 'Pinch-to-zoom'. Unless you want the text to be bigger. It'd still be in mobile mode, and there's no way to show desktop mode on a mobile.
boo [1544641]

One issue is no longer having a view that shows everything instantly... In the old system you didn't even need to make a tap and you could see your energy, nerve, happy, money, points, chain bar, mailbox, events and awards... as well as links everywhere AND page content...

As was said in another thread, a huge number of taps need to be used now.

Energy, Nerve and Happy just need to have a little pre-display somewhere on the current version of mobile for it to be easier to use along with mail & events.

On a side note, it would be nice to be able to switch to full torn when on iPad though... for example rotate landscape and view full torn there. I would much prefer to play on the desktop version when on iPad than the tablet site.
boo [1544641]
Chedburn [1]there's no way to show desktop mode on a mobile.

are you saying it's impossible to have this implemented?

Mentions: Chedburn [1]

APOLLO [862724]

I havent taken any screenshots. I appreciate the interest you have shown by posting.

As Robb said, playability has diminished. Befote the update everything was easy and now it is not so easy. For example I am unable to predict whether or not I will be able to scroll in the war base. Even if i can i cannot do it with accuracy.

I will be here regardless of the outcome of this poll. I will be struggling along warts and all to play the game. I am a computer dumb ass and i have no idea how to take a screenshot on my mobile. Cutting and pasting is about as technical as my computer skills extend to, unfortunately I am unable to cut and paste in Torn. (Seems likr another mobile issue)

I lost my iphone5 a week befote RESPO and bought this huawei ascend (android 4.1). Certainly nothing like an iphone but was more than adequate to play old torn comfortably. Post RESPO playing is a pain.

I am not having a go merely expressing my considered opinion that myself and other users have been majorly inconvenienced over the last couple of weeks. I cant see that it is ynreasonable to expect something in return for our perseverance.
McDallas [14757]
Aurum [1544641]
Chedburn [1]there's no way to show desktop mode on a mobile.

are you saying it's impossible to have this implemented?

Erm i agree with this question. You just make the site unresponsive and give us scalability, boom.

Mentions: boo [1544641] · Chedburn [1]

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
daphne [14757]
Aurum [1544641]
Chedburn [1]there's no way to show desktop mode on a mobile.

are you saying it's impossible to have this implemented?

Erm i agree with this question. You just make the site unresponsive and give us scalability, boom.

It's all hardcoded in to every css file. Ideally there shouldn't ever be any need to view the desktop mode, mobile mode should be totally sufficient and much faster, and eventually it will be. We're already making steps to change the top bar and show vital information always, and the issues with scrolling and unclickable buttons can be resolved. The rest seem to be very small usability issues which just cause an extra click - but will be fixed over time as a lower priority.

Mentions: boo [1544641] · Chedburn [1] · McDallas [14757]

APOLLO [862724]

Pinch and zoom would be cool as it makes it easier to hit those pesky little buttons. Even posting is hard on this phone in torn. It is very unresponsive. The screen breaks up periodcally and there is a delay when hitting letters in the keyboard.

I havent made this thread to critisise. Just to see if peeps agreed or not that some consideration was made for the inconvenience of RESPO whether small or large.

Even if it wasnt compensation but a celebration of a somewhat successful implementation and management said 'hey we love you and thanks for being a part of the greatest update eva...here is a free personal 500m capacity vault for all of you. Thanks for being part of Torn history.'

It could be anything. But i think we deserve it.
bumblebee1974 [1592632]

I am finding a few irritating issues about mobile torn too some of which Im sure admin already know about. I guess they are all minor but irritating nonetheless and put me off from logging into mobile, which is an ongoing issue as i have no choice when I should be working[:wink:] I also have concerns about the loading times with the new mobile torn and I know its been said by others, but if feels like its eating up more data than the old mobile torn and my data is limited as I am sure is the case with many other players. (i wont know until the end of this month whether that is the case or not)

Forums:- when you are searching through forums, and try to open up a thread it will often give you a quote type screen to give you a taster as to what the OP has said in the actual thread and then you have to tap the subject again and if you are lucky the thread will open. That is if the little quote screen hasn't covered up the subject to enable you to tap on it again.

Laptop:- when flying the laptop doesn't scroll and so you cant see any mails other than about the last two that were sent or indeed any of the other options. newspaper etc.

When coding a new virus, you cant scroll down as it goes into the laptop screen which means you have no option but to chose the first virus in the list to code (fortunately its the one I am doing anyway ..but nonetheless its an irritation.

Other countries:- When buying items, its really difficult to delete the number 1 if at all, so you have to try and fight to get the cursor in front of it, or buy in smaller groups. And there is also the added stuff of it all the information of the item dropping down the screen so you have to confirm that you want to buy the item further down the page.

Gym:- The gym is now length ways down the page so you have to scroll back and forth if you are training more than stat. Where as before the gym had 2 stats side by side so it all fit on one screen.

Zooming in:- It would be nice to be able to zoom in so that it is easier to hit the option that you want to chose.

There are others but these are the ones that I can think of immediately.

Edit: Im using iPhone 5 and I also dont care about compensation. Changes happen we have to deal with it, its about Admin listening to the players which they seem to be on the mobile torn issue since Ched has posted in here, and something is ultimately being done about..hopefully[:smiley:]




QuiteMad [1748786]

So, I have an Android phone and use the Swype keyboard to type - this keyboard does not work in mobile! I literally have to touch one letter at a time s-l-o-w-l-y because it lags behind at least a second for every letter typed. Heaven forbid I try to go back and fix it, that takes even longer. So, I guess I can't really post on forums or send mails or search for things in the item market or even edit my notebook from mobile.
I would mention chat, but I've never had chat show up on mobile in old or new versions. Suffice to say, if I did somehow have chat (massively important to the way I play), I still wouldn't be able to type in it with Respo.

Edit: did not mean to hijack the thread. I voted no on compensation because we compete against each other here, so giving out any compensation to all of us at once would not help anyone get ahead and would just mess with the economy.