Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pants Issue

Started by Gux- [1537338] on in Health & Fitness.

14 replies · 136 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Legalize [1802205] ×2 Gux- [1537338] ×1 cake2 [1789908] ×1

Gux- [1537338]

Hey.

I have this problem that I recently (like two-four months ago) I bought a new suit as I had out grown my previous ones. When I bought it I had put on a fair bit of weight from sitting around at university doing very little exercise. Towards the end of the year I started working out quite a fair bit, following the Ice Cream workout (http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout) but isolating upper body and lower body to separate days. Obviously I haven't been trying to lose weight so as to turn the fat into muscle. So far its been going relatively well. I haven't gotten as much muscle mass as I'd have liked but my lifts have exponentially improved. Now however I have a problem that the suit pants are now far too small tor my ass and thighs!

I am 6'2", 44inch shoulder and now possibly a 36" waist..

I am having to suit up soon and have been blasting cardio like mad! Currently doing 2x 20minute runs and covering 3.5k each run. Is there anything I can do to maybe shrink down or should I just accept that I need to get bigger pants?
Legalize [1802205]

You can get smaller by easilly doing certain cardio and eating right. But if your going to want to gain muscle i see no point in this ...

Buy new pants and accept you are fat xD
Gux- [1537338]
Legalize [1802205]You can get smaller by easilly doing certain cardio and eating right. But if your going to want to gain muscle i see no point in this ...

Buy new pants and accept you are fat xD

Rated down because not fat :'(

Mentions: Legalize [1802205]

Legalize [1802205]
YoungVolcano [1537338]
Legalize [1802205]You can get smaller by easilly doing certain cardio and eating right. But if your going to want to gain muscle i see no point in this ...

Buy new pants and accept you are fat xD

Rated down because not fat :'(

Rated down because i hate u

Mentions: Gux- [1537338] · Legalize [1802205]

Gux- [1537338]
noobalicious [1789908]Is this a shameless promo for your own "fitness program?"

Not in the slightest. I had nothing to do with the creation of that workout, I simply follow it! I am just trying to get feedback on ways to slim your legs to allow me to fit into my pants or if I should commit to a larger waist. As I am currently carry the weight due to trying to bulk up. If I bulk up will my waist shrink again or continue to grow?

Mentions: cake2 [1789908]

Deansrule [866181]

Try some (insanity) its a hell of a work out! Along with proper diet you should fit into what you have, otherwise bite the bullet and buy the pants keep the tags and return when your done :) Let me know if you need links ect. xD
Artiq [475603]

Sorry dude. Fat can't turn into muscle. Thats not how it works. I recommend you stay on ICF and google a TDEE calorie calculator. Plug in all your stats and follow the recommendations on it. It will involve tracking your calories but its the most accurate way to lose weight and it will always work without exceptions. If you're not losing enough weight, go 100 calories less. If your losing too fast, go 100 calories over. 500 calories under your TDEE seems to be what most people use.
Tabak [1644794]

Fast Metabolism Diet by Haley Pomroy. Lost 24 pounds in one month without exercise. Followed that up by a 28 day cardio and burnout lifting shred (taking Animal Stack Suppliments). Lost another 7 or 8 pounds of fat while building a solid strength and muscle foundation. Then bulking with high protien diet and minimal Suppliments. Everyones body is different though.

65% diet. 35% workout.
McDallas [14757]

Definitely change your diet if you think fat turns into muscle. It does not.

Since you're specifically training legs and don't want them bigger, do high reps and low weights on the legs. Keep up the cardio, throw in some fast sprints into your 20mins.

But yeah, nutrition is king. Good fats are ok, junk is not.

Good luck with whatever you're suiting up for!
-Tara- [695749]

Check your nutrition and you might kill me, but I did a 30 day squat challenge and went down a pants size. I stayed the same weight though. Work your lower more and lift some weights. Muscle burns calories when you are resting because it ups your metabolism. Cardio is great and all, but I'm more of a weight person when they are around because I know the benefits. Try it!
S_H_A_Z_A_M [1939661]

So.. Here's the thing, you can't turn fat into muscle. You burn fat to produce the energy to work the muscles and as a result bulk them up.
Losing weight is not that hard as long as you're ready to put in extra hard work.

Eat less junk food, more protein and lean meats. Don't just jog or walk, run, sprint. Do more abdominal, hip and leg exercises.

I can't exactly tell you what to do, because i'm not familiar with your physiology. But this is something that works with the majority.