My suggestion is not to bring back the dog fights but to bring back the companion in battles. To have a loyal friend by your side again but give the option to housings like mansions and up to hire a feeder incase you are not available to feed the dog. Also letting your dog participate with attacks and defends so you're never really alone. I remember the old days with the beta dogs and how awesome it was to have a German Shepherd at my little home. Since I was not able to always be on I remember her dying on me while I was at school. If we could implement a system that helps feed them if you can't then I think the deaths would be a lot less horrible. Plus it'd be a nice economic booster with armor, toys, food, etc for the pooch. I know its an idea everyone mentions but I would love to have a loyal companion again. Just a thought. See it how you will... Edited, another thought would be to add a veterinarian services like doctors and medical facilities for your companion after a wound from battle...
Well, it's a suggestion. I know there is no hope that it would happen. I was reminiscing about the days I actually ENJOYED playing on Torn. So what if you dislike it. Just leave it be and go on your way. No need for insults.
I like dogs, and I don't care what the impression from staff is. Fact is, they're interested in updates that we want. Not wanting an update because of what other people have said about it is incredibly short sighted.
That said, this thread doesn't nearly scratch the surface of what's needed to bring it to proper light and discussion. Perhaps that does more harm than good for the idea.
Thread created on Thu Jan 06, 2011 19:41:59 Last replied to on Thu May 08, 2014 07:03:22
Okay so in order to try to spare some hurt feelings (the trolls round here will eat you!), clean up the suggestions forums a bit and generally make this somewhere you can read suggestions without going through loads of crap. Here is a list of things NOT to suggest. I will try to explain why not on each from a staff point of view. This will save loads of the same threads being made.
If you post something on this list we will just begin graveyarding them to keep it nice and tidy in here.
These are things we are not currently interested in implementing or never interested in implementing. If we have interest in putting these into game, we will remove from the list. Currently though we have reasons for them not being ingame, so please don't suggest them.
1. Experience bar. There has never been an experience bar in torn to let you know how close you are to leveling and never will be. We like to be different to other games who just hand you everything. The element of surprise when it comes to leveling is part of our game play. This is not a suggestion that will EVER be put in this game.
2. Dogs. Really guys? No, just no. Will we ever live that down anyways? Once was enough. Never again.
3. Having sex with my ingame partner. The only way this will ever happen is if you choose to meet them in RL. We will never code it.
4. Auto Leveling. This is a player's choice of game play, who are we to tell them to level? It's not going to happen.
5. Remove Stealth Attacks. This is already an option if players so choose to use it. It will remain that way though, an option. We will not force it upon you or anyone.
6. Outer Space meets Torn. We will not be adding any moons, spaceships, or crazy outer space things that have absolutely no place in this game.
7. More Graphics. This is a Text based game. Not graphics based. We have graphics and icons but the amount of lag having loads of graphics on our behalf would cause is surely not worth it.
8. Commenting on others profiles/images. Could you imagine if you angered someone the comments left? I'm not sure how often you read things others say but people around here can be pretty harsh. This is just opportunity waiting to happen to slag someone off.
9. Fly from country to country. You cannot bring back anymore items, you need to come to Torn and drop off whatever you purchased so this really does you no good anyways.
10. Complete Game Reset. We pride ourselves on never resetting, many players have been here since the beginning and worked for 5 to 6 years on their accounts. This is a long term game, that takes patience to grow in, and somewhere you keep what you worked for. We want to keep it that way.
11. Points Market Cap Removal. We are not removing the cap on points. We see this as a step to controlling out economy and feel it's the right decision.
12. Happy Items removed from Cool Down timers. Chedburn wants all items that give a 'boost' on cool down timers. He reduced the times when they were first introduced but is not interested in removing the Happy boosting items from cool down timers.
13. Babies or Children. There is just really no need? People could not keep dog's alive I can't imagine what would happen to our poor Torn babies. No.
14. A mobile phone application Torn already has a mobile phone function, that is optimised for use from mobile phones. Do we really need an app? No