So, I really like the RESPO update of the city map, but item finding is far too mountainous now. I simply propose that we add an Item to the game like a lucky rabbit's foot or some other talisman and when you use it, you'll get a message something like "You feel lucky, almost as if there's something for you near X coordinates on the map or X area on the map". Then you'd know that there are items near that area. You'd still have to do some searching, but it wouldn't be as painful. If there are no items spawned on your city map, it would just give you the message "You don't feel very lucky at all, maybe some other time" and you'd still have the item.
It could be obtained buy a very rare random find in the dump or something that can be bought in another country for a very expensive price. Or it just drops randomly in the map.
Sorry if this was a bit of a painful read, I'm really tired.