Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hawkward...

Started by Xukusari [287382] on in General Discussion.

22 replies · 303 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

-Monkey- [892675] ×11 1035358 [1035358] ×9 Xukusari [287382] ×6 KPCSlor [1557404] ×1

Xukusari [287382]

[image: pbs.twimg.com]

So in this thread we post our awkwardest experiences on Torn.

For example, accidentally sending a Yasukuni sword you borrowed to the wrong person due to a typo...

^ Not saying I've done this, but not saying I haven't either.


-Monkey- [892675]

I feel this thread was inspired by me, earlier today...

blobeblob bought 18 x Feathery Hotel Coupon from your bazaar for $23,381,910.

yeah i f**ked up...


One time i sold a large suitcase for 1mill too :):
Xukusari [287382]
-Monkey- [892675]I feel this thread was inspired by me, earlier today...

blobeblob bought 18 x Feathery Hotel Coupon from your bazaar for $23,381,910.

yeah i f**ked up...


One time i sold a large suitcase for 1mill too :):

That's... a pretty tragic mistake xD

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675]

-Monkey- [892675]
Xukusari [287382]
-Monkey- [892675]I feel this thread was inspired by me, earlier today...

blobeblob bought 18 x Feathery Hotel Coupon from your bazaar for $23,381,910.

yeah i f**ked up...


One time i sold a large suitcase for 1mill too :):

That's... a pretty tragic mistake xD

To say the least, I'd already lost a lot from hoarding 74 dp's for extra cash storage and then they dropped to 25mill from 30+ before I sold all of them, I did manage to whittle them down to like 30 at 28-29mill and then down to about 15 at 26mill then all gone, bar 5, at 25mill

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · Xukusari [287382]

Xukusari [287382]
-Monkey- [892675]
Xukusari [287382]
-Monkey- [892675]I feel this thread was inspired by me, earlier today...

blobeblob bought 18 x Feathery Hotel Coupon from your bazaar for $23,381,910.

yeah i f**ked up...


One time i sold a large suitcase for 1mill too :):

That's... a pretty tragic mistake xD

To say the least, I'd already lost a lot from hoarding 74 dp's and then they dropped to 25mill from 30+ before I sold all of them, I did manage to whittle them down to like 30 at 28-29mill and then down to about 15 at 26mill then all gone, bar 5, at 25mill

I managed to haggle mine off at about 30 mil for a fitness company two days ago, not sure I would have had enough for it otherwise.

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · Xukusari [287382]

-Monkey- [892675]
Xukusari [287382]
-Monkey- [892675]
Xukusari [287382]
-Monkey- [892675]I feel this thread was inspired by me, earlier today...

blobeblob bought 18 x Feathery Hotel Coupon from your bazaar for $23,381,910.

yeah i f**ked up...


One time i sold a large suitcase for 1mill too :):

That's... a pretty tragic mistake xD

To say the least, I'd already lost a lot from hoarding 74 dp's and then they dropped to 25mill from 30+ before I sold all of them, I did manage to whittle them down to like 30 at 28-29mill and then down to about 15 at 26mill then all gone, bar 5, at 25mill

I managed to haggle mine off at about 30 mil for a fitness company two days ago, not sure I would have had enough for it otherwise.

excellent timing then lol, I did actually see this coming because I kept asking people if they thought it was likely it was like 70% for no they seem stable and 30% they will drop a little, anyway back to the topic - hope I'm not the only person f'ing up here lol

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · Xukusari [287382]

KPCSlor [1557404]

When I was new I trashed a Xanax on accident and sold an FHC missing a zero - Both would annoy me now, but back then I was crushed.

Nothing like learning a lesson the hard way
-Monkey- [892675]
kpcslor [1557404]When I was new I trashed a Xanax on accident and sold an FHC missing a zero - Both would annoy me now, but back then I was crushed.

Nothing like learning a lesson the hard way

so you did the same as me with the fhc, except i did 18 :(

Mentions: KPCSlor [1557404]

j0zeph [1060649]
-Monkey- [892675]
Xukusari [287382]
-Monkey- [892675]I feel this thread was inspired by me, earlier today...

blobeblob bought 18 x Feathery Hotel Coupon from your bazaar for $23,381,910.

yeah i f**ked up...


One time i sold a large suitcase for 1mill too :):

That's... a pretty tragic mistake xD

To say the least, I'd already lost a lot from hoarding 74 dp's for extra cash storage and then they dropped to 25mill from 30+ before I sold all of them, I did manage to whittle them down to like 30 at 28-29mill and then down to about 15 at 26mill then all gone, bar 5, at 25mill

well you ain't done it like me mate ... and good for you
i stacked my cash in DP's , when they were like 100 mil a piece
sold 10% at 80 mil then the rest at about 30 mil ... took a few bil hit then , nasty one

next up i stacked in points , when they removed the cap I think ... had a few hundred k points and price dropped ... again I sold them ( stop loss was better at that time )

aneway , i'm not even bothered with losing a few bil on jackpot ... i need a revival of TORN in order to keep me playing like I used to. ( this is my second login in a week )


Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · Xukusari [287382]

Marauder [436873]

Back before the system asked you if you wanted to give someone in your faction money I gave a n00b 72M (which back then was LOADS) he then promptly left the faction and blocked me lol.

I know someone who doesn't play anymore who sold Duals to the city for $1 I think it was, again back when 50M for them was a stupid amount of money haha.
1035358 [1035358]

I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD
-Monkey- [892675]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

Now that is a passive aggressive way of dealing with a scammer and showing them how smart they really are

Mentions: 1035358 [1035358]

Xukusari [287382]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

That is an awesome story wow lol.

Mentions: 1035358 [1035358]

1035358 [1035358]
-Monkey- [892675]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

Now that is a passive aggressive way of dealing with a scammer and showing them how smart they really are

I could fill this thread with hawkward moments for other people, there is a melee weapon called a Kama that everyone forgot about because no one used it and one f**king genius worked out that if you tell people you are going to sell them your company they join, you call the company Kama and trade a Kama instead of the companythey will send you millions (this was before the trade checks) and he did it about 50 times before people copped onto the scam so then he did the opposite and would buy really cheap companies and offer to sell dumbbells for 100 mil if a person would join his company for a week first so they would join and put the 100 mil in the trade and he'd change the name of the company (that he bought for a mil)to "Dumbbells" and they would all accept the tradelol

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · 1035358 [1035358]

-Monkey- [892675]
-Monkey- [892675]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

Now that is a good of dealing with a scammer and showing them how smart they really are, puts them in their place


Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · 1035358 [1035358]

Xukusari [287382]
MadameButterfly [1035358]
-Monkey- [892675]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

Now that is a passive aggressive way of dealing with a scammer and showing them how smart they really are

I could fill this thread with hawkward moments for other people, there is a melee weapon called a Kama that everyone forgot about because no one used it and one f**king genius worked out that if you tell people you are going to sell them your company they join, you call the company Kama and trade a Kama instead of the companythey will send you millions (this was before the trade checks) and he did it about 50 times before people copped onto the scam so then he did the opposite and would buy really cheap companies and offer to sell dumbbells for 100 mil if a person would join his company for a week first so they would join and put the 100 mil in the trade and he'd change the name of the company (that he bought for a mil)to "Dumbbells" and they would all accept the tradelol

HAhahaha this scammer was brilliant, I don't like scammers, but seriously, that's brilliant.

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · 1035358 [1035358]

-Monkey- [892675]
Xukusari [287382]
MadameButterfly [1035358]
-Monkey- [892675]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

Now that is a passive aggressive way of dealing with a scammer and showing them how smart they really are

I could fill this thread with hawkward moments for other people, there is a melee weapon called a Kama that everyone forgot about because no one used it and one f**king genius worked out that if you tell people you are going to sell them your company they join, you call the company Kama and trade a Kama instead of the companythey will send you millions (this was before the trade checks) and he did it about 50 times before people copped onto the scam so then he did the opposite and would buy really cheap companies and offer to sell dumbbells for 100 mil if a person would join his company for a week first so they would join and put the 100 mil in the trade and he'd change the name of the company (that he bought for a mil)to "Dumbbells" and they would all accept the tradelol

HAhahaha this scammer was brilliant, I don't like scammers, but seriously, that's brilliant.

I think we should have a thread for the best scammer anecdotes lol

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · 1035358 [1035358] · Xukusari [287382]

1035358 [1035358]
Xukusari [287382]
MadameButterfly [1035358]
-Monkey- [892675]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

Now that is a passive aggressive way of dealing with a scammer and showing them how smart they really are

I could fill this thread with hawkward moments for other people, there is a melee weapon called a Kama that everyone forgot about because no one used it and one f**king genius worked out that if you tell people you are going to sell them your company they join, you call the company Kama and trade a Kama instead of the companythey will send you millions (this was before the trade checks) and he did it about 50 times before people copped onto the scam so then he did the opposite and would buy really cheap companies and offer to sell dumbbells for 100 mil if a person would join his company for a week first so they would join and put the 100 mil in the trade and he'd change the name of the company (that he bought for a mil)to "Dumbbells" and they would all accept the tradelol

HAhahaha this scammer was brilliant, I don't like scammers, but seriously, that's brilliant.

lol another classic was the "dual hammer" scam, they'd offer to sell dual hammers and then in the trade put just 2 hammers and it would say "Hammer x 2" and they'd just say "Yeah that's how dual hammers show in the trade" and people would actually pay them 100's of millions for them lol

Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · 1035358 [1035358] · Xukusari [287382]

-Monkey- [892675]
-Monkey- [892675]
-Monkey- [892675]
MadameButterfly [1035358]I haven't had anything that could be classed as awkward but I remember about 2 years ago there was a scammer called Messi Berca (I think, some footballers name anyway) who use to brag all the time on the forums about his scams and one day he decided to empty out his own faction bank and send it to himself to feed his gambling addiction but one of his faction members changed their name to something very similar to his and he sent it to them by mistake and when he asked them for it back they basically told him to f**k off so he had a micky fit on the forums demanding Ched give him the money he scammed back and then rage quitted when everyone said "tough shit", it was about 3bil he lost xD

Now that is a good way of dealing with a scammer and showing them how smart they really are, puts them in their place


Mentions: -Monkey- [892675] · 1035358 [1035358]