Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What cars do you own?

Started by jeffstag [1776866] on in Motoring.

149 replies · 1.82k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 150 / 150 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
150
Discussion span
→
Authority score
32 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

IAmSRK [635482] ×1

jeffstag [1776866]

So lets talk about what kinds of cars members own to get some car discussion going. What 'special' car or cars do you have that you drive / show / race / are working on / are buying parts to build / are saving money for ?

I'll start things off by saying I have a few Model T Fords in various states of assembly and a 1937 Plymouth PT-50 Pickup in restoration. Sometime in the future I'ld like to get a 1951 or 52 Ford Pickup.
Yeret [1859926]

I pseudo-own a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.9 Magnum V8. It has an open element intake that I added a few months ago which looks and sounds awesome. Unfortunately, the intake manifold pan gasket is blown and the ECU has the crappy "death flash" holding back my ignition advance, so the truck's a bit poochy. At the moment it's sitting in my driveway with a plugged catalytic converter and I'm waiting for the new one to arrive. I can't bypass it, cause one of the O2 sensors plugs into the cat itself and if that thing isn't happy, my 12 MPG is going to turn into 4. Damned electronics...

My project car is a 1992 Honda Prelude S with the F22A1 engine and a 5 speed. 266,000 miles on the clock, but still running strong. The car needs brakes to be drivable and I'm hoping to have them done this weekend. The clutch is next on the list as it's almost gone but it'll hold long enough for me to have a little fast and furious fun. :) A sneaking part of me wants to "Bisimoto" the engine to kick out 300+ naturally aspirated horsepower, but for the money I could buy a used Viper instead. Who knows what'll happen...
VoodooHaze [386574]

I have a 92 eagle talon that I've owned for 6 years, put a lot of time and money into restoring it. It's been repainted twice over in a lot of spots due to unfortunate events, haha. Performance wise, I've slapped on a Borg Warner s252 extended tip turbo, 3 inch exhaust, 1150cc injectors, ecmlink tuning software, 272 cams, Manley springs and retainers... I could keep going, but that's the biggest part of the list. Running on speed density and E85 at 25psi of boost for now. Making 450 whp, makes it a fun weekend warrior. Actually was just at the local 1/4 mile but didn't even get a full pass in. Snapped an axle shifting into second. Easy fix, but just sucked that it happened on the first pass.

My daily driver is a 98 jeep Cherokee limited with a 4.5" lift with 33" Goodyear duratracs. In Michigan, there is a park close by that has sand dunes that can be driven in and is a fun place to mess around.
I like haveing the best of both worlds
-Ag3nt- [1196263]

I have a 1986 Nissan 300zx. Currently I have recently rebuilt the engine, added a new cold air intake that I got for a great deal, and have just been putting some "TLC" into the car. It needs paint but I'm on a tight budget being a college student.

I have the stuff to paint it myself but I need to read up on auto body touching up first.

I hope to turbocharged the engine one day but I might do an engine swap first (I know it can be done with some Infiniti motors as well as even a 350 if you have time to refabricate nearly everything haha.

The power/weight ratio is immense. But it does have interior querks and such. Next summer I plan to fully gut the interior and do my own sort of thing with it, most likely everything will be reapolstered.



But idk how long I will have this baby. I have been looking at a 1977 Datsun and might try to trade for one as when those cars are nodded they look fricken sweet. And this is coming from more of an american muscle dude whose dream car is a 1969 chevelle or even a 70 cuda XD

Main reason I enjoy my car now is it is pulling around 23 mpg and is fun as hell to drive!
Melibea [1862423]

:O i am checking in google some of those cars and are really beauty ..... i have a Vw Golf R32 , the 5th generation ^^ .....but i started driving with a Vw Corrado and with a Renault R-11 turbo ^^ , i loved to drive those cars without so many "electronic" ....but was other times,when i was younger and naughty girl :P
Gux- [1537338]

Currently own a 2011 Kia Picanto 2 in gorgeous blue! (looks like this: http://git.me/photo/2014/05/12/852967366507796736/1529611133396866560/2011-KIA-PICANTO-2-BLUE-Taxed-Mot-d.jpg)

May not be a desired car, but its my second car and I plan to own it another few years until I can finish university and have a job that will allow me to get something bigger. She has character, a hand break that only I can lift and so many good memories! She's my baby!

I aspire towards a Ford Capri one day :3
jeffstag [1776866]
GreenDay [635482]Lamborghini spyder, bought it custom made :)


Well, you wouldn't want to just buy one off the lot. Who DOES that?

Mentions: IAmSRK [635482]

Two_D [1832908]

I have what I like to call a ford slowcus 1.6 but looking for a vw bora 1.9tdi
first car was a 106 1.1 until my neighbour reversed into it and wrote it off( 106 was aka 10slow) see the pattern?
Mouse [520790]

Currently not driving due to losing job but I shall have a Nissan 200sx as soon as I get another job.

My favourite cars I've owned.

Nissan 180zx Turbo/S12 Silvia

Ford Escort show car
Mods included:
Engine: Zetec 1.6 16v engine swap, few subtle engine mods, blue piping, induction, uprated fuel pump etc
Exterior: Full body kit, subtle spoiler, Xenon HD lights, Viper Alarm System (Man that thing was good). RS turbbo alloys/or 5 spoke 18s.
Interior: Full Gti leather seats, redone and painted dash, LED lights in footwells and roof.
I.C.E:
Boot: 3 huge amplifiers, 2 15" subwoofers.
Parcel shelf: 6 6x9 speakers
Headrests: 2 6x6 speakers in rear headrests.
Doors: All doors uprated speakers, fitted with tweeters and monoblocks.

Pictures: (Sadly I didn't get up to date ones when it was finished but here are some before a lot of the I.C.E was added)
[image: i171.photobucket.com]
[image: i171.photobucket.com]
[image: i171.photobucket.com]
[image: i171.photobucket.com]
[image: i171.photobucket.com]
[image: i171.photobucket.com]


Nissan Micra 16v.
Interior: Stripped out fully, 1 sub and amp, 2 lightweight bucket seats.
Exterior: Super S spoiler, BBS Alloys, Open mouth grill.
teamXDR [1850816]

Got a couple of projects.. Most current is my 1997 Jeep Wrangler with a LS swap and built axles, cage, and a lot of other stuff. Look at my profile for pics.
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

Currently I drive an 07 Mazda RX8. Really makes me miss my old Dodge Neon. The Mazda is a piece of crap. My past projects include an 82 Subaru Brat and an 87 AMC Eagle wagon.
Mouse [520790]

I now own an MG ZR that I got for nowt. I can see why, it's poorly built and crap. NEVER buy an MG ZR if you plan on taking it apart. For driving, sure, for fixing yourself. NO.
jeffstag [1776866]

I had an old Jaguar XJ-6 from before the Ford buyout that was the same way. I heard they got better after Ford took charge, though.