Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

"Copy/Paste error" message / ctrl+v issue

Started by Xiphias [187717] on in Bugs & Issues.

37 replies · 266 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
38
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Z_junior [247674] ×1 Porny [604593] ×1 Stormcast [773244] ×1

Xiphias [187717]

On an iPhone5 running iOS7 using Safari.

- Go to any forum thread and go down to the reply box.
- Click the "A" for more functions.
- Click Edit and click Copy.

An error message should appear saying "Your browser doesn't support direct access...". The error message is clipped in vertical orientation and in horizontal orientation the button (I presume it's an OK button) is barely visible. There is no way to get rid of this pop up message (or at least very tricky) without refreshing the page.

See screenshots:

[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]
Charizard77 [211869]

I have a similar issue were I can't paste into a post using Ctrl + V. When I try it brings up this error message...

[image: i57.tinypic.com]

After reading this thread, I then tried using the in-post edit feature, but got the error that you guys are getting. And I'm running FF 31 on Windows Vista (it's an old desktop).

I confirmed that I did in fact copy something by using Ctrl + V into a separate tab and it worked. I couldn't even paste the img link into this post.
Z_junior [247674]

Same issue on Firefox. Keeps saying Please use Ctrl+V to paste and i wanna smack it cuz I am using Ctrl+V.

This problem did not exist (in FF) before today, so the latest update, whatever you changed made it happen.
MarlonBrando [1337797]

Agree, confirmed absolutely no Ctrl C/V, or Cmd C/V copy/paste on all popular browsers. Please fix thank you


Update This still an issue as stated above, the copy/paste function does work in the forum text boxes, a window pops up showing the Cntrl C/V, or Cmd C/V recommendation after any of the above. Please fix. Thank you
Venko [741841]

Same problem here. I use firefox on desktop. But for some reason, I can use ctrl c/v on the chat, just not when writing email or a post on the forums.
Chaos_Greg [46203]

aye ditto here. Using latest FF.
can't even use control+V either, message pops up saying I have to use control+V to paste.
Quite fun.
RatedR [72498]
Porny [604593]For those of you on desktops, you should try a different browser.

its the same on IE, FF and GC for me.

Mentions: Porny [604593]

Bueno_Excelente [34014]

Same here, with Firefox and Chrome.

I'm not installing IE to check on a bug to a feature (the addition of which makes absolutely no sense in the first place).