Now that racing is back, and with a whole new look and feel, I've been looking at the upgrades again. As many of you have probably noticed the bars that go along with the upgrades have changed, and I feel that they've come back with some confusion. (I'm sure I'm not the only one.) There are, as there always have been, bars along with the upgrades that denote how they will affect your performance. The part of this I find confusing, is that part of the bars are grey, while other parts of those same bars are either green or red, obviously showing whether they help or harm the performance. For example the stage 2 remap, when looked at next to the stage 3 appears to give more top speed, but less acceleration, but is not very clear. My question is: Is only the colored portion of the bar relevant, or is it the entire thing?
Regarding upgrades
Started by The_Arctopus [704640] on in Racing.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
Now that racing is back, and with a whole new look and feel, I've been looking at the upgrades again. As many of you have probably noticed the bars that go along with the upgrades have changed, and I feel that they've come back with some confusion. (I'm sure I'm not the only one.) There are, as there always have been, bars along with the upgrades that denote how they will affect your performance. The part of this I find confusing, is that part of the bars are grey, while other parts of those same bars are either green or red, obviously showing whether they help or harm the performance. For example the stage 2 remap, when looked at next to the stage 3 appears to give more top speed, but less acceleration, but is not very clear. My question is: Is only the colored portion of the bar relevant, or is it the entire thing?
I believe that the colored portion of the bar is the only relevant information.
There do seem to be some very odd things going on with the item values. I'm not sure if it's a matter of rebalancing, a display bug, or what. The Tyre and the Transmission menus are where I've noticed it the most.
I suppose someone could try posting to Questions for an official word...
Green colored means increase, red colored means decrease. Exactly same as it was before
Can I remove cars from garage and get racing points back? Or is it all permanent modifications?
It was permanent under the old system - I'm going to guess it still is.