Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cnc Hell.

Started by Ork [1861276] on in Graphics.

5 replies · 85 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
18 / 100
Historical score
11 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
Artist [776403]
  • Use one thread, nobody like tons of threads from one person all asking for CnC
  • Not a bad attempt, but your background is too blurry
  • You have no foreground depth and as a result your render is not blended very well
  • Smudging is not bad for a start, lighting is ok but not great.
  • Try adding other techniques onto this as you don't want a carbon copy of hades style, which is quite distinct.
Tamtam21 [888612]

now i do like the background blurry as its suppose to be further away.But, u need to add some depth to it like artist said to help blend in the render. That way u keep keep the background blurry if u wanted to but have more layers to blend in the render and for it to remain the focal. still a nice piece.. good job
Vaaskiii [1510655]
There are more ways to create depth than just using Gaussian blur to the background... But seeing as you're a beginner, it's probably the best for now, lol.
Anyway, I'll focus more on the first tag, as I think that'd be the easier to fix.
- I'd take some nice fractals, and add some here and there on her hair, nothing too major, I'd personally do it where you see the orangeish-red highlights. This will make it more appealing to the eye, and bring more on the focus on your focal.
- Next I'd make a new layer, fill it with black, and use a large softbrush eraser and erase until only the edges are black, set it on soft light (I think, been awhile since I was in PS), and adjust the opacity to help with the lighting/overall depth.
- Seeing as you're using metaballs, I'd continue to place some in front of, and behind the focal. But try to not to clutter the tag with them, as that's easy to do with them.
- Then some effect C4D's to help the tag pop, and help with filling space. Again, try not to clutter the tag with them, but some nice subtle ones should help.

R+. Feel free to mail me about any other questions.