Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How to work attacking system?

Started by 7777 [1677347] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 765 views · thread synced · 14 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
42
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

1593725 [1593725] ×2 LeukyBear [83808] ×1 Xukusari [287382] ×1 dunmugmeh [538353] ×1 LocalizedDark [1078182] ×1 7777 [1677347] ×1

7777 [1677347]

WhyMrSpadge [1078182] could attack me and mug so many times last 2 weeks and just now?
He won too many times if he started to attack me.
I think he lost to me only one time and won to me over 30 times.


How to work Torn attacking system?



Name: MrSpadge [1078182]
Level: 69
Speed: 8,582,372
Strength: 100,023,083
Defense: 136,849,889
Dexterity: 46,559
Total: 245,501,903

...
My stats are:
Speed: 151,076,433
Strength: 154,155,329
Defense: 93,429,292
Dexterity: 150,113,301
Total: 548,774,356
...
I equipDual Samurai Swords,Jackhammer ,Qsz-92 andFlexible Body Armour.
My merits usage :
Brawn ..50%
Sharpness..50%
Evasion..30%
Protection..30%
Critical hit rate ..90%
Shot gun mastery..10%
Pistol Mastery..10%
Slashing Mastery..10%

7777 [1677347]

His last winning to me.(Just now)


MrSpadgemugged you but could not find any cash. [View]

2014/08/169:17:29 AM




MrSpadge Vs -OK-


MrSpadge used their HEG for 190683 damage
-OK- hit with their Dual Samurai Swords in the stomach for 0 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Jackhammer in the chest for 45434 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Jackhammer in the heart for 132598 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Dual Samurai Swords in the right leg for 23911 damage

MrSpadge missed with their BT MP9
-OK- hit with their Jackhammer in the right arm for 0 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Dual Samurai Swords in the right arm for 0 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Qsz-92 in the left arm for 0 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Qsz-92 in the left foot for 0 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Dual Samurai Swords in the groin for 105641 damage

MrSpadge hit with their Kodachi Swords in the right foot for 39990 damage
-OK- hit with their Dual Samurai Swords in the stomach for 63300 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Dual Samurai Swords in the right arm for 0 damage

MrSpadge missed with their Kick
-OK- missed with their Qsz-92

MrSpadge missed with their Kodachi Swords
-OK- hit with their Jackhammer in the right hand for 0 damage

MrSpadge hit with their BT MP9 in the left foot for 56792 damage
MrSpadge mugged -OK- but failed to find any money

Mentions: LocalizedDark [1078182]

Cruelty [969080]

That looks like more than fair.
He missed a lot and you hit for pretty much nothing, exactly what the stats 'say' would happen.
Dave [272331]
LeukyBear [83808]Attacker has advantage in the current attack system.



This... it is easiest to tell with defence. When i am attacking, I rarely lose because I have good defence and people can't hit me, however when those people try and attack me my defence seems to be almost useless. People who have done 0 damage to me consistently when being attacked, will do fairly significant damage when attacking me. obviously not as much as they would if I had no defence, but more than makes sense.

Mentions: LeukyBear [83808]

dunmugmeh [538353]

Are you fully rehabbed?
If you cant afford to fully rehab those shiny stats wont work properly.
You have taken a lot of xanax, but if you cant rehab those stats wont work.
You should rehab once a week at least if you want your stats to work.
I notice my stats worsen if i dont rehab for a couple of weeks and im only using LSD.
If you go a couple of weeks without rehabing on xanax it will be even worse.
7777 [1677347]
dunmugmeh [538353]Are you fully rehabbed?
If you cant afford to fully rehab those shiny stats wont work properly.
You have taken a lot of xanax, but if you cant rehab those stats wont work.
You should rehab once a week at least if you want your stats to work.
I notice my stats worsen if i dont rehab for a couple of weeks and im only using LSD.
If you go a couple of weeks without rehabing on xanax it will be even worse.

Yes.

Above attack logs was his winning after I rehabbed and come back Torn. :'(
I always do regular rehab after every 12 xanaxs. :)

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353]

ghosty [1348728]

Fact is the op has near double the challengers stats and yet he still loses because his stats are more balanced.

The current attacking system favours too much an attacker. Each stats should have an effect as it was designed.

I am really hoping this new attacking system is like what Ched promises because Ched has said a lot of things and they never turn out as he says. Take companies for example it's a complete shambles - totally ridiculous. RESPO although it's early stages torn has lost so much players and continues to do so on a larger scale. More people have become inactive.

I just hope this time round with attacking system you can deliver cos the last two upgrades of comps and RESPO have been a complete disaster ( although RESPO still at early stages!)
PatBenatar [420347]

Speaking of the new attack system there is a INCREDIBLE event idea down yonder, check it out and leave any suggestions, thoughts or comments. Its called BASH AND TRASH Staff event (got to love the name itself)

http://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=15915025&b=0&a=0

The new attack system is going to be amazing, once people get the hang of it, train attacks will be fun and exciting for everyone.

Mentions: Bash and Trash Staff Day- Event

Prokrist [585251]
Xukusari [287382]If you're willing to dedicate time to raising your def above his strength you should start winning battles.

Not true! Def is not a defending stat! ass odd as it may seem. When you are under attackyour def only counts for 25% of its total (I read that somewhere on the old forum). So training def is training to take less damage when attacking. To bad they exclude the turtle style type of play this way. But yhea what am i going to do about it.

Mentions: Xukusari [287382]

TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

In the current attacking system you really do not need much speed to hit opponents. The weapons accuracy plays a important part in hitting your target. So no matter what his speed and your dexterity is there is a chance of him hitting you. I remember when I was trying to get my strength to cap I had no problem hitting targets with 2 million speed and 50 million strength.

And the jackhammer is fine sure there are more accurate primaries but the jackhammer has good accuracy and can be used effectively. I would have bought a mag-7 if I was contemplating using a jackhammer though. Almost exactly the same accuracy and dmg with like a 50k price tag.

With the new attack system coming out and his stats so way disproportional he's going to be screwed over anyway so I wouldn't worry to much. I'd just stop carrying cash and get my stats even before the attack system is released. Then turn around and mug the chit out of him/her.

I would also reset my merits. There's no point in spreading them out like that. The use of merits in stat bonuses is a waste to me. My merits are club mastery maxed( I use dual hammers) Life maxed( life is the 5th battle stats) Critical hit maxed (one hit wonder) and then banking. There is no point in wasting merits on things you can become better at via the gym.