Hey guys, I'm just looking for some feedback on how i can improve.
These are a couple a made recently.
Thanks
1
[image: fc01.deviantart.net]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/230/a/d/deathstroke4resize_by_lone_soldiers-d7vnaef.png
2
[image: fc00.deviantart.net]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/230/f/d/dishonoured_v8_by_lone_soldiers-d7vn8go.png
3
[image: fc08.deviantart.net]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/228/e/b/newtest8_by_lone_soldiers-d7vdtx8.png
I think that before making sigs you should take a few tutorials instead of jumping into it.
I recommend my friend Hades's tut0rials. Heres a link:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9gpiRLTLgbsohi0UJxND-Q
Now that you've seen it you have to watch it or he will smite thee.
Love the first render made an epic tag with it xD
But yes, you should look over tuts on lighting, depth, flow, etc.
And shy away from text right now until you get the basics down.
This is an awesome tut for learning the components of tags
http://dawnstormgraphics.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/zenronguide.jpg
good luck mate :)
No.1
The light is hitting the render from the top right side yet in your image, you've made it from the left side. Before doing lighting, look at where it's inflicted on the render and the enforce that lighting in the rest of your tag. Much easier to use current lighting than it is to change it. The text is too big/dominating, it should be subtle and eye pleasing, but most of all, it shouldn't be the focal of the tag and my eyes are drawn to your name more than the render/true focal itself. Apart from that, the tag is very well enclosed and has a good atmosphere. Depth is low but still present so whoop whoop.
To make this a better tag, try develop on what i've just said but also incorporate some orange effects, maybe sparks/spatter ?, around the tag so the render can blend more and feel the part.
No.2
The effects suck and just looks LQ overall, you should attempt to blend the render more. Not mash it up with multiples.
On the plus side, lighting is kinda on
No.3
The lighting is really good here, maybe not intentional, but it's clearly coming from the left side on the render and in the rest of the tag so think on this.
I gave more cnc on the first as the first is the point you want to develop from, forget No.2's style for now, that is hard to pull off.
One more thing i'd suggest, ditch the text for now, or if you insist on text, use the rule of the thirds when placing/sizing it.
This is all in my own opinion, other artists may disagree but this is a cnc thread so yeah ;)
ok thanks for the feedback, I'll work on all those things :)
and I know it shows, but I never really considered most of those things xP but i'll definitely check out the tutorials you mentioned.. you've left me with heaps to think about, thank you guys, I really appreciate it