I'm just starting out in racing , but no matter what I do can only ever seem to come 4th or worse I have no points. How can you get racing points if you csnt even come top 3??
Racing
Started by Murray199 [494378] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 24 / 100
- Engagement score
- 42 / 100
Mentioned in this thread
I'm just starting out in racing , but no matter what I do can only ever seem to come 4th or worse I have no points. How can you get racing points if you csnt even come top 3??
Join a mechanic shop (company) and you will be able to trade 5 job points for a single racing point. Spend these points on upgrades and get to work moving up through the classes.
goodluck.
Thank you! Great help
Your welcome, you can also join a gas station and have the same job special. :)
Bear in mind, if you've only just started out with racing your drivers skill will be 0.
As you race more, regardless of whether you win or not, your driver skill will increase. This will improve your overall average lap times, one way or another eventually you will get podium places.
If I'm not mistaken you can improve your driver skill best by joining a few over night races (100 laps) in the non official events. You get experience even if you don't win, and you don't get racing points either way. Your chances of a crash are increased tho.
Yeah I'll try that tonight. Thanks. Only just came back to the game after about a year so this is all new to me !
daphne [14757]If I'm not mistaken you can improve your driver skill best by joining a few over night races (100 laps) in the non official events. You get experience even if you don't win, and you don't get racing points either way. Your chances of a crash are increased tho.
That's no longer true. Official races give much much more xp than customs. Custom races barely give any these days in order to reduce the instances of what you suggest.
It's basically no longer worth joining a custom race for xp anymore.
Mentions: McDallas [14757]
bogie [148747]daphne [14757]If I'm not mistaken you can improve your driver skill best by joining a few over night races (100 laps) in the non official events. You get experience even if you don't win, and you don't get racing points either way. Your chances of a crash are increased tho.
That's no longer true. Official races give much much more xp than customs. Custom races barely give any these days in order to reduce the instances of what you suggest.
It's basically no longer worth joining a custom race for xp anymore.
Oh bugger. When did they change that? Guess I need to read up on racing again.