I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I have done nearly 2000 computer crimes, and yes I got busted more than a few times. But suddenly, since sometime between July 8th and July 16th, I can't do even one hacking crime. I get busted every single time. I go do other crimes for 2 or 3 days. Come back...busted again. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.
Problems with hacking crimes?
Started by Raistilin [1491848] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Authority score
- 42 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 23 / 100
- Engagement score
- 42 / 100
I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I have done nearly 2000 computer crimes, and yes I got busted more than a few times. But suddenly, since sometime between July 8th and July 16th, I can't do even one hacking crime. I get busted every single time. I go do other crimes for 2 or 3 days. Come back...busted again. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.
Your crime experience is taking a hammering from those failed hacks unfortunately and that's likely affecting your ongoing success rate - it's a very slippery slope once you've failed a couple of hacks if you keep trying to do them...
If you're after the computer crimes merits, I suggest you stick to stealth viruses. Like Butters said, CE-wise, hacking is a bitch: it pays you extremely well, but it punishes you extremely hard too. Just like in Game of Thrones: you win or you die, there's no middle ground!
Now that busting doesn't yield rewards like it used to, it's better to be conservative with the risks you take...
Mmmmmm maybe so....but that doesn't make sense...why all of sudden ? After doing like 3 or 4 a day for so long with only a small percentage failing? and now not being able to do any ?
Well once you fail one the chances are you will fail more as your crime experience takes a hammering, as other people have said. Try a few mayor kidnaps and warehouse arsons after a fail to start to recover CE otherwise you will just make things worse... [:sick:]
If you really have to do hacking do it with a 45 nb. When i did them i got 80%-90% green. The reds do eventually screw you though even with a 45nb i stopped doing them years ago when i lost my 45nb over it :P