13 replies · 162 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · I'm just doing exactly what I had been doing for the couple years prior to this update, busting those in for failing crimes and not going above the maximum time that is allowed on that. If I've recently busted a …
This new jail system has been up for some days now. I wonder if there are people actively working on testing it who might be willing to share their results? I hear that it is virtually impossible to bust someone who is in for 24h. How do you draw the line? Is there a way to calculate the maximum jail_time/level you'd be able to bust successfully? What was the best result so far? I have tried busting people with over 15h of jail time and failed (without getting jailed myself). I have also just succeeded in busting a level 75 in for 12h. Is this the limit were I should continue working on or was it just a random event and I should try easier targets for better success rate?
Could you share your experiences for us to get more knowledge on this new system? Thank you.
The difficult part is that there won't be a fits all answer as your ability to bust depends on your own experience and level as well.
Personally I've only tried to bust someone once, failed and decided to leave it until the kinks are worked out. There are still a few open questions I believe such as will a failed bust affect my nb? As well as what you state above.
I'm just doing exactly what I had been doing for the couple years prior to this update, busting those in for failing crimes and not going above the maximum time that is allowed on that.
If I've recently busted a lot of people then I won't go for the higher end of those times.
I'm still able to manage 6+ busts every 'session' because of that, by busting the exact same kinds of people my busting rate has not changed at all... If anything it's gone up because many of the try-hard busters that I'd be competing with are stuck in jail for trying absurd bust attempts.
For me at level 73 with a very solid 45 nerve bar I have a go at players in jail for 13-15 hours jail and bust them successfully every time, but I always check to see if there are any recent failed busts for those players higher up in the list just in case.
I haven't tried more than about 10 busts in any one day to this point though, and usually about 5-6 at most on a normal day.
bogie [148747]I'm just doing exactly what I had been doing for the couple years prior to this update, busting those in for failing crimes and not going above the maximum time that is allowed on that.
If I've recently busted a lot of people then I won't go for the higher end of those times.
I'm still able to manage 6+ busts every 'session' because of that, by busting the exact same kinds of people my busting rate has not changed at all... If anything it's gone up because many of the try-hard busters that I'd be competing with are stuck in jail for trying absurd bust attempts.
Actually I just tried this and agree. I just did 4 busts with the max one being at 6 or 8 hours of people who got caught doing crimes. Neat.
i am actually failing less than before the update. Tend to bust under my level and under 9 hours. The closer to 9 hours the person is the lower the level they need to be for me to consider busting them.
has anyone lost a nerve bar from busting? this is most interest to me. i know that before you didnt lose crime exp.
but Ive failed a few so far, just testing it out, and it seems like on normal crimes i am getting more fails (blues) then I did before the update.
i would be very interested in seeing someone who just recently got a nerve bar jump doing a series of busts and seeing if they end up losing the NB.
as for busting @ 24 hours, I successfully busted a lvl 4 at 23:58 hours, so there is definitely a reducing formula. while Im not a high frequency buster by any means, it definitely can be done.
I have had success busting people of 24 hr jail times, the main key I have seen is the level of the person. I am a lower level than a lot of busters, and I have failed many times busting out people who were 50-60s in level in jail for only a few hours. Before the update I had a success ratio of about 9-1, and the level/time did not matter at all. I am level holding and decided to level up 5 times after the update. After doing so I am seeing a meaningful increase in successes. Time certainly matters, but don't underestimate the level of the person as well.
End result is my still hitting F5 over and over looking for new players to pop into jail just like before. Only difference is I do it on page 2 instead of page 1.