Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Remembering 9/11

Started by Larten_Crepsley [1569797] on in Politics & Law.

40 replies · 304 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

BTCETROLLBOXBRO [954894] ×4 Larten_Crepsley [1569797] ×4 buffoon [856059] ×3 CatHead [1581564] ×3 Dekloren [900534] ×2 Muninn [368193] ×1 Tolshortte [648554] ×1 TedThomas [887131] ×1 Hades [1728299] ×1

Larten_Crepsley [1569797]
[image: fc00.deviantart.net]
[image: fc04.deviantart.net]

Keep the people of Pakistan in your prayers as they've been hit with a severe flood but you wont see that on the news nor the violence that's been happening there. Its none of their business. Keep everyone else struggling in your prayers too:'( oh and 9/11(today) is my birthday so keep me in your prayers too:)




I'd just like to point out 19 men done 9/11 not an entire religion xD
Please dont go off topic when discussing a sensitive matter such as this!


CatHead [1581564]

I do like the point this makes but I can't imagine this thread leading down a good path. I think it's important to remember everything in context and I think each of the things you've mentioned are tragedies that deserve remembrance.

You'll get no prayers though because I don't pray. Haha. I'll go read a bit about each one and contemplate about how crappy the world is for a while. Happy Birthday!
Larten_Crepsley [1569797]
CatHead [1581564]I do like the point this makes but I can't imagine this thread leading down a good path. I think it's important to remember everything in context and I think each of the things you've mentioned are tragedies that deserve remembrance.

You'll get no prayers though because I don't pray. Haha. I'll go read a bit about each one and contemplate about how crappy the world is for a while. Happy Birthday!





Thanks bud, and

@tolshortte:( im sorry to hear that, i was born before the inncident(s) so i didnt have to worry about any of it

Mentions: CatHead [1581564]

Confusion [658870]
CatHead [1581564]I do like the point this makes but I can't imagine this thread leading down a good path. I think it's important to remember everything in context and I think each of the things you've mentioned are tragedies that deserve remembrance.

You'll get no prayers though because I don't pray. Haha. I'll go read a bit about each one and contemplate about how crappy the world is for a while. Happy Birthday!

Although i do pray so maybe you might get one prayer :p


Mentions: CatHead [1581564]

MachineGunSteve [184119]

I remember the quiet feeling of dread that lasted several days after the attacks. I remember driving past the Pentagon three weeks or so after, and seeing the big black hole. And every time I have to fly, I remember, because the asshats who did the cowardly deed took away something from everyone that day... and that includes all the innocents who are listed as dead in foreign lands as a result.

The one thing I lament about not being religious is that I have no expectation that those worthless jerks are now burning in hell, where they should be.
1411404 [1411404]
Larten_Crepsley [1569797]
CatHead [1581564]I do like the point this makes but I can't imagine this thread leading down a good path. I think it's important to remember everything in context and I think each of the things you've mentioned are tragedies that deserve remembrance.

You'll get no prayers though because I don't pray. Haha. I'll go read a bit about each one and contemplate about how crappy the world is for a while. Happy Birthday!






Thanks bud, and

@tolshortte:( im sorry to hear that, i was born before the inncident(s) so i didnt have to worry about any of it



Let us commemorate all the innocent that have fallen.
By the way, Larten_Crepsley are you a Darren Shan fan? Because your torn name is a character from one of his books.
I love his books.

Mentions: CatHead [1581564] · Larten_Crepsley [1569797]

Collete [1389080]
Tolshortte [648554]one of my sons turns 18 today!!

its a shame he has had to listen to all the political nonsense on his birthday since he was 5.



Its my birthday as well , if you think about it something bad happened on everyday in the calendar but then again good things happened as well.

Mentions: Tolshortte [648554]

Larten_Crepsley [1569797]

Well first of all happy birthday to all others who;s birthdays on this day:o

&;

@IBZZ_BOSS Yeah i sure am, i even made my spouse and a few others from my faction change their name to darren shan characters.
@Daphne Thanks, bud!
@B-W The west and the most of the Wahabi Saud royal family caused tragedies for alot of people starting of with the Turks by dismantling the Caliphate, so yeah...and i think 9/11 made the west and the tahghoot regime of saud even more closer, which could be lethal for the masses.

Anyway i think people forgot about these crisis? There wasnt one single documentary of it yesterday? not even of 9/11. :p
buffoon [856059]
Larten_Crepsley [1569797]Well first of all happy birthday to all others who;s birthdays on this day:o

&;

@IBZZ_BOSS Yeah i sure am, i even made my spouse and a few others from my faction change their name to darren shan characters.
@Daphne Thanks, bud!
@B-W The west and the most of the Wahabi Saud royal family caused tragedies for alot of people starting of with the Turks by dismantling the Caliphate, so yeah...and i think 9/11 made the west and the tahghoot regime of saud even more closer, which could be lethal for the masses.

Anyway i think people forgot about these crisis? There wasnt one single documentary of it yesterday? not even of 9/11. :p

i saw a few programs on yesterday about 9/11... i think on disc. channel and history channel..

Mentions: Larten_Crepsley [1569797]

Muninn [368193]

I don't wish to be inflammatory, though I undoubtedly will be.

America should move on. The world should move on.

By living in constant sadness and fear, you're letting terrorists win, you're giving them what they want on a silver platter.



The July 7th bombing in London, which was a much smaller terrorist attack, people were devastated, yet the next day people were complaining about the buses being late. I realise this may be a cultural thing, but at the same time if we don't learn from each other and embrace our cultural differences it's just going to lead to more hate and fear.

Complete and utter gits commit terrorist attacks, not Muslims, Christians, Jews or Buddhists, just bad people trying to manipulate people through fear.
buffoon [856059]
murica_is_GOOF [954894]911 was a hoax to take american freedoms and fight another petroleum war american government is GOOOOOF

i havent seen any solid proof of this... kinda like saying a bird is a fish cause ya saw a flying fish...

Mentions: BTCETROLLBOXBRO [954894]