Idk about other people as much but how come we cant delete our outbox messages? I like to keep my messages cleaned up. Havig 5 inbox and then 50 outbox for example. Isnt that kinda over powering? I just want to know if they will add a delete feature for outbox messages as well.
delete outbox messages?
Started by Its_That_Guy [1867484] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 14
- Likes on archived posts
- 28
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 50 / 100
- Historical score
- 41 / 100
- Story score
- 53 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 1 likes ·
Out-box messages are messages in other peoples' inboxes... so you want to be able to delete messages that others may want to be able to keep? Terrible idea.
Mentioned in this thread
bogie [148747] ×3 Its_That_Guy [1867484] ×1
Idk about other people as much but how come we cant delete our outbox messages? I like to keep my messages cleaned up. Havig 5 inbox and then 50 outbox for example. Isnt that kinda over powering? I just want to know if they will add a delete feature for outbox messages as well.
that would be a good idea.. I would like to delete mine
+1
Out-box messages are messages in other peoples' inboxes... so you want to be able to delete messages that others may want to be able to keep?
Terrible idea.
bogie [148747]Out-box messages are messages in other peoples' inboxes... so you want to be able to delete messages that others may want to be able to keep?
Terrible idea.
All other real mail systems keep those separate, your mails in- and out-bound are yours, the recipients have their own copy, then it wont matter. R+
Mentions: bogie [148747]
I just thought id post this in here since its kinda related. Is anyone finding that when you click outbox it takes quite some time to load compared to other links? Its been like this for years for me. I just never said anything about it before.
R+ on the suggestion btw.
Maybe outbox messages get saved so staff can review for rules enforcement purposes, like harassment, multies/middlemanning, porn ect.
Its_That_Guy [1867484]Idk about other people as much but how come we cant delete our outbox messages? I like to keep my messages cleaned up. Havig 5 inbox and then 50 outbox for example. Isnt that kinda over powering? I just want to know if they will add a delete feature for outbox messages as well.
Agreed.
Mentions: Its_That_Guy [1867484]
bogie [148747]Out-box messages are messages in other peoples' inboxes... so you want to be able to delete messages that others may want to be able to keep?
Terrible idea.
If I'm reading OP correctly, it's nothing like that... Just like when you send an email on Gmail or whatever you use... Then message goes to your outbox which you can then delete, but this doesn't affect the recipient, it's still in their inbox.
In-game it's not quit the same, mail is most likely just another table in a database. So you wouldn't want to delete the entry, rather change a flag of if it's visible or not. I assume this is what they do on the inbox, so it should be able to get implemented on the outbox, but may need a new column in the database.
Mentions: bogie [148747]
bogie [148747]Out-box messages are messages in other peoples' inboxes... so you want to be able to delete messages that others may want to be able to keep?
Terrible idea.
1: YOU DONT SAY
2: i am forever alone that i sent messages to [1778676]
3: guess what the above id is mine
4: my inbox is empty not because i clear all my messages but because i dont get any
5: people have me in their ignore list :p
6: [image: i.imgur.com] random scam messages
7:R+ this thread i liked this idea
Mentions: bogie [148747]
I see most ppl like the idea of having a delete button on the outbox or if anything a way to not show the x amount outward messages. Seems like the People Have Spoken :)
R+ on the suggestion
yes i know bump blah blah
But seriously? Is this seemingly still an issue?
Is this ever going to become a normal mail system where people can clean their outbox?
There should be one. Agreed.
This is the best. I need this. It annoys me so much.
Dude, why can I not delete my outbox messages? This should have been fixed 3 years ago lol