Oct 1st I took my annual flu shot and to make a long story short, I became blind in less than 10 days after the shot. My nerve that makes my eyelid move up and down became parlayed I just got out of a Transitional Care center after being down since Oct 7th. I currently have partial vision in my one eye, I can not drive a car or function any major activities. My Florida Trip had to be canceled due to many follow ups needed.
I am just warning people who thing nothing about getting a flu shot like I did for years and years. I for one will never EVER have one again. The doctor that is treating me said this was the forth case involving nerve damage. So please consider before you just rolling up your sleeve.
Wow! That's pretty severe. I didn't actually think such a thing was even possible. I assumed a flu jab just gave you the antibodies and mild flu so your body could learn how to build it's own defenses.
Yes flu vaccines should only be used by people who are very vulnerable ie old, poor health etc.
If you are fit and healthy it isnt a good idea to get a jab just because you are worried about flu.
Flu isnt that bad for a healthy person. I had it once when i was a child and it was pretty bad but i was better within a week.
People spend too much time at their doctors getting treatments they dont need.
On a side note anti biotics are pretty much screwed now because people take them for the tiniest little problem they have and they dont complete the treatment rendering the anti biotics useless because the germs have adapted to them because people stop taking them before they should.
You dont need to go to the doctor every time you feel ill.
The flu jab doesn't contain any flu, minor or major...
Some people complain about getting the flu from the jab due to it being given out at times people will catch the flu...
But the OP's story is more extreme... [:sick:]
There is no telling what's in those shots and that's the reason I have never gotten one of those 'free' shots.
Remember...nothing in life is free. You will pay one way or another.
People die from the flu. It's killed more people in North America than Ebola and in the same period of time.
Quite an adverse reaction to the shot, OP! Sounds gawdamn awful :(
I have leant something new. I do have a bad habit of recycling information I hear without checking it.
I never took a shot in my life, never will.
while i know correlation doesn't really mean causation, it's very clear that since the introduction of vaccines the related illness plummets down, there is so much more evidence for these helping people than even just doing nothing let alone harming. There have been a number of campaigns who have been fighting for anti-vaccines which to me is utterly mind blowing, i believe it was only recently proven that they have nothing to do with autism and yet this was one of the major arguments made for not giving a child vaccines. It's fine to remove yourself from having help, it's your life but i find it horrible to take away from a child because of the adults personal views and while i know that as nothing to do with OP it's very much on the topic of pro and anti vaccine. Also an info-graphic because i like info-graphics.
[image: blogs-images.forbes.com]
Mmmn, bugger.
I've not gotten the flu shot in over 20 years and never will. Look at me, I'm fine. Do you really know what they are giving you? If it's so necessary to have, then why am I fine after all of these years? When I was a kid and my family got me the flu shot, I'd get sick for a couple of days, almost every time. Since I've stopped taking flu shots over 20 years ago, I have had the flu 2 times...
While vaccines may do a lot to save lives or stop the spread of illness, if you are the one they drastically effect, than it doesn't matter what good they might have done for others. I have an adult son, not the one who plays Torn with me, but another, who when he was 3 years old, I got him the REQUIRED dose of vaccines. Shortly after that, my very normal and happy boy, started to show signs of autism. I didn't know it at that time, in fact, I didn't realize it, till a few years later, when I was thinking about how he had been so happy, talking, running, playing, and then about how he started to forget how to talk, and do those things. I basically had to teach him all over again, though he was never the same again. It was then I realized he had started going backward, just a few days after he got those vaccines. I don't care who says what about vaccines. I've seen myself what they do, and after many years of our government lieing to us about so many things, what in the hell makes anyone think I'm going to believe some biased report or study done(I don't give a shit who it's been done by, because chances are they've been bought anyways)???
Vaccines and the flue shot, contain some mercury in them. It's not much, but it's there. And what do we know about mercury??? It doesn't take much to kill you, much less all of the other effects it can have.
Edit: I'm terribly sorry to hear of your bad results, Styx. It's a terrible thing to lose your vision, I'm sure, as I'm grateful for mine every day, and couldn't imagine being without it.
Btw, when I said you, through out this thread, I didn't mean "you, Styx", I meant "you, the general population". I hope you'll be able to get some recovery from this Styx and in a very speedy manner, though it's already been too long.
Why would we need something to help our bodies build defenses? Did not God, or whoever or whatever you believe in, already give our bodies those defenses? Read my post above. If my body can defend itself, for 20 years, why can't yours. Everyone lets our governments put them into a panic, to go running for flu shots! "GET THEM NOW, GET THEM NOW, HURRY BEFORE THEY RUN OUT, OOOOHHH NOOOOO THERE'S A SHORTAGE NOW, HURRY GET THEM, GET THEM OR YOU'LL DIE IN DAYS, HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!!!!!!!
Really??? Then why am I still alive? Makes me wonder, if they are so interested in scaring millions of people into taking these flu shots, what are they really up to? What are they really injecting into your bodies? Are they already doing it? Maybe they haven't started yet, but they are training you all like rats to go running, as soon as they've got the concoction ready, so they can get into everyone easily and quickly? I think they are probably already doing it, probably have been since the very first "flu" shots. Think about, why do you feel so incomplete if you don't get it? Why do you feel like you need it? Who put that thought in your head, you weren't born with it? Why can someone like myself live 20+ years just fine without it, but you have to have it?
Plus im healthy a f**k. Never get colds/flus or anything else. I dont even take medicine when im sick. It ruins the immune system.
that's wonderful that you're the exception but if you do become sick you're very likely going to get medical help, medical care is the biggest cause for reduction in mortality rate, the avrg age of the populous, more people being old this decade vs the last.
there will always be more example of medical care helping vs people who are fine without.
It kills many many thousands of old and ill people every year in the uk.
They are the people who should take flu vaccines.
Young fit people who take flu vaccines are pretty stupid. There are risks to taking any vaccine. If you dont need it dont take it.
A fit strong person should NEVER take the flu vaccine.
all this thread comes down to is "it's not affected me and thus this is 100% factual, all the papers, research and evidence is wrong because i have proof in that i'm fine, you see that kid who died? wasn't me"
i find it a little sad to see people who could have higher quality of life stopping themselves from gaining that, it's great while young but when you're 40+ as all evidence shows, your immune system will start to slow down
'there will always be more example of medical care helping vs people who are fine without.'
And this is why the planet is over populated. Why do humans feel the need to live forever? Just die already, make room and resources for the next generation. Selfish pricks is what they are.
edit: I'm over 40, I'm very healthy. The last time I went to a hospital was in 2005 and against my wishes. I was unconscious. They did a full on blood test without my permission and I came up 100% healthy. No, I did not pay the $18,000 USD bill for my hospital stay.
As long as a person is fit and healthy, keep on truckin'. If you're prone to disease, illness, etc...let nature takes it course.
Don't be selfish.
the flu shot is only advertised to children and the elderly in the uk
that's hardly the best way to look at it, although it 100% agrees to my point, the point of the thread seems to be that vaccines do more damage than good and that's all i'm disagreeing with and wouldn't want to go into any other subject relating as it'll quickly derail.
I derailed it before I saw your post. Check my edit.