Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Vault access for both in a marriage.

Started by Yorks [1868081] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 299 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Yorks [1868081]

Would it be logical for both people in a marriage to have access to a properties vault? After all they can both use a PI's airstrip and pilot (even when there is only one pilot employed)?
DrZed [237786]

It has been discussed before. Your suggestion does not have enough detail. If you were to share the vault the issue would be if the other person could get the money people would just use it to try to bypass the same IP block. Also if you were to share it then the other person would take up the space for your money. Now if there were two different vaults that the other one did not have access to there is still the issue with kicking the spouses out of the house,
King_David [129990]

Well, what if there was a vault on the property that only the owner can use and the properties have an upgrade for spouses once married for a stash box or something. Both spouses can only make deposits and withdrawals within their own separate individual safe keeping.
dccrew3 [1850794]

no way.... imagine. someone marries a notably wealthy person, then takes all the cash and runs. this could ruin someone.
no one would ever get married again.

EDIT: if you mean they would have two separate vaults... now i sound stupid
LethalKiss [1801948]

Sounds like problem. ^_^

Maybe if the op could give more detail about what upgrades,
or what function should be add to Property 2.0 *smiles*
We could discuss it more.

There are more option to store your cash in torn than a simple vault.
Even for new player. Point, Xan, Ghost Trade, Bookie Bet?, LV, EroDVD, Cans, Bank, Flower and such.
"Some player still create ghost trade with me. I forget who is it?" Oh well....

Someone can steal your money but someone can't steal your item.
You can also ask your faction leader if you intend to use faction vault. Try it.

How about personal vault. Oh there are one in cayman islands.
How about personal vault that you can buy but you could never had more than one.

Limiting it to 5M/10M/15M would be great for new player.
I didn't know how much money average new player had nowadays.
All I had before reaching level 15 was 1M or so.
"You will lose this function and your money would be refunded when you hit level 5 or 10 or 20 or 30 ^_^

And you only able to use this personal vault when you or your spouse owning/renting..
mansion or higher property. It was "Attachable Vault Mansion and Up" *smiles*
You still can't use rented property vault.

Oh well... I'm sorry that I can't give my green green grass.. I mean thumb. ^_^
A better sugestion is needed.

But
Hope for the best for this one.
Yorks [1868081]

Thank you all for your views on this subject either good or bad.

I like King David's suggestion of a "split vault" that would bypass the scamming/stealing of your partners money, but that could cause an issue as DrZed brought up of kicking out a spouse from your property (and I guess also a partner that goes inactive). Would it not be possible to add a feature to the "kick out spouse from this property" that automatically kicks them out and their money with them?

LethalKiss a lot of the options you suggest for storing money are either "workarounds" which whilst not being illegal are certainly not "using that feature for the reason it is intended" (editing bets, fake trades etc) or they are methods that draw the attention of muggers (selling points or goods on the market) which is the very reason I think a spouse should have somewhere safe to store cash before it can be banked. Faction or company banking is OK but it requires asking another person when they are online to gain access to your cash (the real world has moved on from waiting in line at a bank counter with ATM's).
wolvie [1057741]

"kick out spouse from this property that automatically kicks them out and their money with them?"

Will leave the spouse exposed to muggings. But I think that is a risk players who choose to go with Spouse proeprty vault will have to live with.
Yorks [1868081]

I see the irony in my asking for some monetary protection from muggers and then advocating just kicking them out with all their cash ;)
Maybe they get kicked with a "bankers note" so that the money is safe for a 24hr period then?
LethalKiss [1801948]

Yes ^_^

I use that option because I read it somewhere in....umm..Lt_Wolf "awuuu" faction forums.
"That was my first faction" Thanks mustache man ^_^ Awuuuuu
So far I had no problem using that method. I mean for less than 100M

But I admit I had a lot of trouble swapping all those item for my last purchase.
Everything had their own pros and cons. "I lost 1M before each trade for Attack-Hosp"

Yorks
Would it not be possible to add a feature to the "kick out spouse from this property" that automatically kicks them out and their money with them?

I'm not quite fond with this idea...I wonder why?
...Maybe because my spouse is the one who hold the private islands. Hahahahahaha it was a joke. ^_^


[image: forum.indowebster.com]






I'm sorry I'm "blank" for new idea so that those in marriage
could access the vault regardless who is the one who buy it.

I wish I could help more.
Oh...I can... R+ and Bump *smiles*

Hope for the best. ^_^