6 replies · 104 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · Join a faction with salutary, each upgrade reduces the revive cost by 5 energy. At the maximum upgrade (salutary X) revives only cost 25 energy. Plenty of people have this but the cost of revives still stays pretty stable, with …
I OD'd today, got that xanax monkey on my back, and it got me thinking about revives.
Attacks now cost 25e, revives as far as I know still cost 75e With the changes made to attacking can anyone make a good argument to lower the cost of a revive?
I can't think of any reason why apart from making warring and attacking maybe more fun if revives cost 50e. But I think if they only cost 50e there would be way more revives and warring / attacking would be less effective. If everyone got revived all the time hosping someone would have less impact.
Lowering the cost of a revive would also remove some of the value and folks would make less money.
I don't think it should be changed. Anyone have any other thoughts?
Join a faction with salutary, each upgrade reduces the revive cost by 5 energy.
At the maximum upgrade (salutary X) revives only cost 25 energy.
Plenty of people have this but the cost of revives still stays pretty stable, with the new attack system the life restoration is even more important than it was before.
If anything, a lower reviving cost (E or $$) would increase warring, as it would allow for more reviving of both yourself as well as the opponents. But as has been stated already, salutary makes this thought experiment pretty pointless.
Then I suppose we could talk about lowering the respect needed to unlock salutory. Would need a respect refund for factions that already have it.
Could also talk about the cooldown for meds / opium too.
But I think this thread is a bit of a non starter. I'll go back to quietly nursing my xanax addiction. But before I do a thank you to all the players that give free revives !! (Even if it's just for the merit :D )
I think it's fine the way it is - both from the perspective of needing to have Salutary to lower the cost as well as wrt the cost of getting those Salutary upgrades themselves (ie. you have to work a little in order to get what to be frank is a pretty powerful / useful perk back in return).
Indeed the respect cost to cut revives down to 55e is a grand total of 6450 respect, which is gettable even for a faction that hardly ever wars (takes another 10k respect after that to cut the cost down to 50e) - not too much work required there really, just a bit of casual warring every now and then.