A little help please.
What's the deal with overdosing on xanax. Today I had no sooner returned from rehab in Switzerland with 0 addiction to drugs before taking one xanax, or so I thought, and BAM!! You pop a few Xanax pills in to your mouth and down a glass of water. A headache is followed by nausea and vomiting. You must have overdosed!
Turns out I had taken a few pills and not just the one I had intended to take and lost the lot. energy, happy, nerve; all gone. I understand the effects of overdosing on drugs, particularly xanax, but I was clean and it's not the first time this has happened to me in the last month.
Any explanation as to why one would overdose when stepping off the plane with a squeaky clean bill of health would be much appreciated as I cannot seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.
Cheers
Atlan
its totally random when you OD . It don't matter how addicted you are at the time of taking
I was beginning to figure as much, just wanted clarification. As last time it happened under the same circumstances and a few times in a row. Hoping this won't effect my education and employment as it used to in the past when an OD occurred.
Thank you.
It's just bad luck! Whilst a drug overdose will contribute a bit more addiction (and so potentially affect education), there's no effect the other way around. It's just a lot more annoying when you've just come back from rehab.
On the other hand company jobs won't be affected as much by lack of happy and addiction as they used to be, but they certainly still play a part.
All good to know, thank you Hobbie. I guess all we can do is stay off the drugs or take our chances and continue to rehab regularly. If you choose to take the drugs It's going to be very expensive and a big gamble.
1. Fly abroad to buy the drugs (cheaper than buying them in Torn).
2. Regularly go to rehab and even with free flights @ 250k a pop it very quickly adds up.
3. OD without warning (100% random) regardless of how clean you are.
4. More expense involved in returning to max happiness.
5. More expense using points to refill energy.
6. More expense refilling nerve with boosters.
Of course points 4, 5, & 6 will increase over time, but who has time when with low happiness you could find yourself unemployed or with drug addictions, become uneducated and have to start over.
If you think of drugs real life, someone with a squeaky clean health bill would actually be far more likely to overdose on drugs, than someone with an addiction.
Someone who does it the first time, doesnt know how much their body can handle and may take to much while someone who has an addiction is more used to how much their body can handle.
As for torn though, i am pretty sure the overdose rate is set at something like 2-3% chance of overdose per pill so it doesn't matter if you are an addict or your first one!
You make a good point and it's good to know the % of chance you will OD, though no matter what it always hurts when you lose all your E, H, and N. The hard part is recovering from all that. When I say 'hard' I mean very timely, very costly, or both
It's not "costly" at all as the only thing you'll be losing is happy and the extra 250e the Xanax would have given) - the idea is to use up whatever energy / nerve you've got before you take the Xanax to avoid losing it. As for the refills, etc, well you'd use those anyway if you were in a position to irrespective of whether you were using Xanax or not - a Xanax OD itself is not the trigger for using refills.
You've really overstated the issues wrt the cost of drug taking a fair bit to be honest and, as someone starting out, you're a long way yet from having rehab costs starting to pinch, especially if you work on getting your faction's hermetic perk up a bit - even Hermetic V will cut down your rehab costs by 25%.
If you can't set yourself up financially in the mean time before rehab costs do start to bite a little then you're just doing it wrong to be perfectly frank.
As for happy - well from what I can tell it has no effect whatsoever on your company employee effectiveness once your working stats are meeting (or exceeding) the requirements for your job role so being on low happy doesn't mean much (I don't even bother rehabbing after OD's nowadays). The only thing low happy does affect to a noticeable degree now (that I can see anyway) is your trains in the gym, but that is only if you're working on a low stat (ie. a stat that is currently below < 100-200k).