I Think a Race Chat would be pretty cool, with limitations to the people in your race.
Current Race Chat Tab
Started by FishingPish [1075972] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 55 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
I Think a Race Chat would be pretty cool, with limitations to the people in your race.
Honestly, most of the time when I race or others I am friends with do, we are doing it as we go to bed. I cant see myself using it much. Maybe if there was more control of the race, or the ability to use boosters (nitrous etc) to help you catch up or something, maybe I could see it being more fun. For me at least, racing is a passive thing to burn time/$$
As it's so rare for me to actually enter a race with people when i look for a race.. i'd hope they'd work that part out first.. starting a race by yourself and having no one join within the hour is.. annoying
Sometimes i get in a race with people i am at war with, or people i used to know a few years ago. I think some friendly banter would perhaps make racing a bit more fun. There are chat-boxes for just about everything else, so a racing one with just the people you are in the race with would be good, i think.
I liked the old Race Chat tab. The new Race Chat Tab is bad.
That seems kinda pointless..... just use global?
I would talk MAD trash in that chat room:
- I'm going to kick you ass in this pre-determined race that requires no skill!
- My green dot racking around the map is going to stomp your yellow dot!
- If you mess with me you will crash on turn 4 - BOOM!!!
** I voted no **
I'd like a racing chat
The proper nickname for this should be "Let's watch paint dry" chat tab. There's isn't much else to say about something completely out of our control.
Besides, if there are 100+ races running at once, and considering each new race would generate a new tab, did the OP take the server load and lag into consideration? Official races last only 15 minutes, which means creating and deleting tabs. By comparison, country chat tabs are stable because countries don't vanish after X hours.
Folks, before voting on this, think of the children, the kittens, and the puppies!
If there were official competitions for racing involving a large number of players(of which I hope there is in the future) a chat box would make sense but currently it would just be an absolute waste.
Yep. I need to trash talk in order to bother with racing. It would make it actually fun for me.