Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging

Started by Vargur [94977] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 549 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Vargur [94977]

Trial over? I am getting mugged over 10% of my money, on single DAILY events. Plus other minor ones.
Like really, what kind of f**ked up system is this? This your idea of a joke?
Mr_Red [1693261]

Depending on how much you carry you can lose up to I think it's 30% of on-hand cash. The secret is to hide your money away, and to be honest the mugging update has made everything more active.
Vargur [94977]

I can't stash money away while abroad. They didn't invent banks in foreign countries apparently, nor wire transfer.

:rolleyes:
Sehvekah [111152]

So carry 15% more than you need(or pay someone to pre-mug you before the trip so you're protected) and there shouldn't be a problem.

As is, this update has been fantastic. Hell, I'm actually using the new combat system for the first time since persuing the kill-streak/finishing hit merit sets(though more because 25e is a reasonable cost, mug%s are just icing on the cake).
IceColdCola [1822744]

This is a f**ing joke and i hope many others will also quit the game. You've lost my subscription and any more donations ever again.
LusterDeoxyz [1163934]

Fly to Cayman Islands and dump your money there. The point of feeling worried about who can steal your money is what makes up Torn. So the most cash you should atleast carry is 5m. Anything over, you're asking for millions to be taken away. Also, some people got perks to increase their mugging rate. Im not going to dislike this thread, but I don't like the idea.
IceColdCola [1822744]

It's not as simple as that. You can't even sell something in your bazaar without getting mugged the next second and there are plenty of muggers ready to get you the second you land in another country too.
Vargur [94977]

I don't care about liking/disliking, this isn't Facebook. I'm just in SA for the long run to hunt, and I don't even care about the money.
It's just a matter of principle. Nobody should be getting that much money that easily, and now I'm being forced to buy armours in order to avoid that. Same is true for trading I suppose, for others.