Anyone else downloading right now?
About this thread
Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 35
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 10 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Anyone else downloading right now?
I've watched a few videos from scott manley, seems like an interesting game but isn't completely finished yet if i remember correctly, i'll wait until then i think
I have been playing for a few hours over the weekends for the past couple of months in the Beta, and Gamma phases. It has gotten a lot better with not kicking me off the server when using my jumpdrive. But I still try to avoid any dogfighting I get pulled into. I really need something better than a mouse and keyboard to play, or maybe I just need some skill.
Elite and Frontier are probably 2 of the games i have played the most! I hope they get this right!
thanks for the reminder, let me check it out
If its anywhere near elite and frontier but with better graphics and real life players it really could be one of the best games ever.
It remains to be seen how it plays out though with lots of real life players it could just turn out to be a massive dogfight. Thats not entirely bad though lots of people like looting and fighting etc
Once it comes to mac...
From all the videos I've seen, the massive realistic map system is nice but other that there is no other feature that really stands out.
I'm saving my $$$ for now.
Hopefully Star Citizen can live up to its hype. I'm rooting for No man's sky as well.
Looks nice. Going to wait a bit before considering trying it.
I remember playing the original Elite on my Commodore 16 as a kid as well as the Commodore 64 version. Then it was Elite Frontiers on the Commodore Amiga.
Im getting a decentish gaming PC to play Dangerous on...cant wait!
Just got a joystick and had a blast with this. Fun game.
I'm two cores short of being able to run this game. As soon as I finish upgrading my PC this is the first game I will be buying. The visuals alone are enough to enthrall me for hours. I really want to equip a ship for deep exploration and get lost in the stars. Soon enough I hope. :)
Used to play Elite on the BBC Micro from a 5 and 1/4 inch disk....is it like that?[:tongue:]
The Wing update 1.2 is out, looks pretty awesome.
I'm Cmdr MillerTheWanderer, looking forward to enjoy a good Wing =)
A huge change log for anyone interested.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123776
added the latest trailer for the Wing update. We can do everything in the video in game now :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GEX4pYL9w
Just started playing the game about 4 hours ago. I'm trying out solo mode before jumping into online play. So far I'm as giddy as a school girl and I don't even have the more advanced ships and modules available. Still in a little sidewinder trying to get my bearings and controls down. Hopeing to order a flight stick in a couple of weeks, that should make a huge difference. Although I must say I'm quite pleased with how intuitive the mouse/keyboard controls are. I don't know if I'm going to sleep this weekend. :D
See you all out there.
be careful, once you try the throttle and stick, you won't be able to come back to keyboard and mouse ever again :D
there's a huge PVE group as well if you're not into the PVP scene.
I'm totally fine with PvP, but I feel like I need to earn my wings first. I'm just now trying to outfit my sidey to participate in some local combat scenarios. I just hope I don't get owned by NPCs my first time out. xD
let me know if you need a Wing, always glad to help a Dallas local ;D
btw, there are always Community goals to provide some storylines
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=113495
I appreciate that. My commander name is the exact same as it is on here (CravenTHC). I'll look you up when I finally get into the main game. Probably tomorrow night.
I just pulled down 24,500 profit on my first combat outing. That was awesome. This game is everything I hoped it would be and more. :D <--- Nowhere near big enough