Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Education courses

Started by _007 [1815450] on in General Discussion.

16 replies · 3.55k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
29
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

Most-liked replies

_007 [1815450]

Hi I wanted to ask is there a template that advises in the order of education courses I should undertake.
thansk
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

it all depends on your individual aims and goals for the game. there is no one right path but you need to weigh what you ultimately want to do in the game. do you wanna have high stats? do you want to be a chainer? do you want to have a high crime experience? do you want to run a company? if you give some info on your goals someone can help recommend a course of education. its different for everyone.
teamXDR [1850816]

Education is really good.. all depends on what you want to do in Torn. Also getting the education time reduction helps, can be from merits, education job bonus, company bonus.. I would say always be enrolled in a course.
dunmugmeh [538353]

There are courses which are good for certain things. You have to decide what you want to do with this game.

I did all the general courses first then all the history ones and then i did the stuff which makes you fight better ie higher stats, etc.

Then i just finished off all the bachelors so i could get all the merits for finishing all the education bachelors.
Untouchable [1360035] Committee Committee

I personally just mixed and matched what I thought would be useful, all of the passive stat bonuses are good if you are likely to do a lot of attacking, as is the Combat bachelor (giving you weapon experience, which when at 100% gives you +25% accuracy and damage). You just need to look at all of them and see what courses suit you, or you could try to get the bachelors by sticking to one course at a time for the merits.
UrgentAlibi [1608246]

I'd recommend picking one that sounds relevant to your play style and sticking with it all the way through to bachelors degree level. Then starting a new one. That way you get the good rewards from the higher tier classes in that subject. If you did all the intros first you'd just have working stat boosts for instance.
Gholden [1786423]

Finishing history makes you self sufficient for exchanging flowers/plushies (and always securing a.cheaper price for points)
_007 [1815450]

Thanks for your feedbacks my aims is to improve my battle stats and gain specials that will help me with crimes and combat.
Untouchable [1360035] Committee Committee

If that is the goal, I'd start with sports science. It gives a passive boost to some stats and boosts gym gains too@!
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I'm working on my first bachelors degree, in sports science. While most (all?) of the edu courses are beneficial, sports science seems to help more the sooner you take it, due to several courses that increase gym gains. In other fields, the course may add a 1% boost to speed or strength or whatever, but you get the same 1% whether you took the course early in your TORN life or later. Sports Science has several the boost gym gains, so if you take those early, you get the gains along the way, where if you take them later, you may have a year or more worth of training that will never benefit from those gains.
Thief [206758]

The best thing you can do is read what each education course will give and decide what is best for you. Because only you know what to focus on first i would say personally the ones that give stat bonuses are the best (not working stats battle stats) but thats just my opinion.
BeggerStager [1796898]

In my opinion, I'm doing courses that will benefit me from the beginning. For example:
The bachelor of general studies give you a 10% bonus of working stats when completing courses. I should've done that first instead of Computer Science.
But, I don't regret it. I just missed out on a couple hundred extra working stats I could've gained. I also get to send anonymous messages :D even though you can pay $1 to send an anonymous message. -_- So yeah, I do regret it.
kill99 [20978]

just take all the course if u have the cash and time.



I am almost done with all education course left with business management 9/15