There is a process going on within the United States government that I refer to as "gradualism" that over time has resulted in a series of bills and acts that when combined give the government an ability to circumvent the Constitution of the United States of America by preventing citizens who would be able to find standing in the Supreme Court from doing so by being able to put them in a secret prison somewhere labelled as an enemy combatant. I posted this on facebook today with a song by Rage Against the Machine titled Take The Power Back and numerous posts of mine have been removed. Numerous posts I've made to Speaker John Boehner on his facebook page accusing the congress of collusion, incompetence, and dereliction of duty have also been removed.
gradualism
Started by Woapalanne [287045] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 54
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 10 / 100
- Historical score
- 14 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Woapalanne [287045]
· 1 likes ·
Hades, also, in the case of some of us, like me. I happen to be diagnosed as having a mental illness, which I don't agree with, but if I try to legally obtain a gun I will be put under …
There is a process going on within the United States government that I refer to as "gradualism" that over time has resulted in a series of bills and acts that when combined give the government an ability to circumvent the Constitution of the United States of America by preventing citizens who would be able to find standing in the Supreme Court from doing so by being able to put them in a secret prison somewhere labelled as an enemy combatant. I posted this on facebook today with a song by Rage Against the Machine titled Take The Power Back and numerous posts of mine have been removed. Numerous posts I've made to Speaker John Boehner on his facebook page accusing the congress of collusion, incompetence, and dereliction of duty have also been removed.
Welcome to the NSA watch list.
rageedit: rage against the machine suck.
rageedit2: rage drummer Brad Wilk was very good on the new Black Sabbath album. On the tour Sab had Vinnie Appice on drums and that man is a beast.
Isnt Obama the one circumventing the Constitution of the United States of America shouldnt you contact him to voice your opinion ?
A strong supporter of the Constitution is Trey Gowdy I put his facebook link at the bottom for you
Harold Watson "Trey" Gowdy III is an American politician who has been the U.S. Representative for South Carolina's 4th congressional district since 2011. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district includes much of the Upstate region, including Greenville and Spartanburg.
Committee assignments
https://www.facebook.com/RepTreyGowdyYeah, like I'm going to bother going on facebook again. I'm not a sycophant. I'll be honest, I used to be a huge defender of the Constitution, but there is one major issue I have with it now. That is that is prevents what is called "judicial activism."
I've been on the NSA watch list for a long time buddy. Think that bothers me any? Did you know that every time I've gone on a flight since 9/11 I've had my bags searched, sometimes numerous times. Probably has to do with a quiz I was given in the Army that asked me a few questions about what I think is the biggest issue facing the United States. My Answer was.....The biggest problem facing the united states is the trading of liberty for security, because without liberty you can have no security."
One of my favorite quotes.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Benjamin Franklin
Another favorite. I love quoting my Founding Fathers.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. Samuel Adams
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any body of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. Noah Webster
I love those quote's Sekhmet. It will be interesting to note. I apparently bursted someone's bubble because my roommate got a call giving him an illegal order which refused stating that it was a matter of the criminal court. Basis for the order was that I organized a coup de tout.
There is a single overriding imperative for any bureaucracy, and that is to grow the bureaucracy. In an effort to achieve this imperative individuals within the bureaucracy will look to circumvent any and all rules and policy which acts as an obstacle, ultimately destroying the very fabric and structure of the bureaucracy. The US Constitution is seen by many in the bureaucracy of the US government as nothing more than the ultimate obstacle.
As sad and absurd as it is, there is little you can do... there are too many suits with law degrees who are much too clever to be stopped, and they and their kind have been working on this circumvention for far to long to be thwarted by a rabble rousing member of the hoi polloi.
When Caesar decided to cross the Rubicon... he crossed the Rubicon, and there was little poor Cato could do but make noise about it and fall on his sword.
Yes pen pushers can ruin a country. There are pen pushers everywhere but there are a LOT in western democracies they are like leeches they suck the life out of their host and will continue to do so until they are removed or the host dies (ie the country goes bankrupt)
Our basic liberties have been impeded on since inception.
Our government has gone through Socialism > Capitalism > Federalism > and now we're progressing towards Totalitarianism
All the while being told it's a Democracy where everyone's voice counts!
Oathy, the problem with a democracy is that they don't exist by means any different than mob rule in an anarchy. There is a subtle facade of civility in a democracy. Yes, you can discuss your views, but the majority will is imposed over the minorities rights. So what America was designed to be in the US Constitution is a Constitutional Republic. However, through manipulation of people who buy into the democracy crap as if it will ever work, it has turned into an oligarchy that takes away our rights saying it wants to spread a cancer around the world and defend us from evil. When in reality it is more evil that most of its adversaries.
Another thing, it is going to happen that when we try to spread the cancer that is democracy around the world, it is natural that we are going to develop enemies that intend to harm us. We had help when we fought against the oppression of the British Empire. But before we get help from the outside we have to admit that we are willing to fight for what is right and be humble enough to admit that we need it.
The only reason I am pro people having guns in their houses. Take your county back guys.
Hades, I agree with you on the pro-gun sentiment! UnknownElement, I don't care if you downrate my posts/threads. One day you'll realize, probably when you're getting close to death and start seeing your dead friends and relatives, then you start seeing the Harbinger of Doom/Death/Angel of Death/Grim Reaper, you will realize, justice is inescapable.
Hades, also, in the case of some of us, like me. I happen to be diagnosed as having a mental illness, which I don't agree with, but if I try to legally obtain a gun I will be put under psychiatric evaluation and have the gun removed from my possession.
Thank the Lord for that
Yeah, you might think so, until you're smart enough to question why you have to considered a superpower when you can't even win a war against countries when you have superior training and equipment. Why do you have to be considered a superpower anyways? Do you think that the status quo that goes along with being a superpower somehow makes you superior to people in countries that are not superpowers? No, It makes you look like a narcissist. And when you can't be sycophant to the narcissists that prostrate yourselves to and start asking them questions, you'll get diagnosed as mentally ill even if you have no criminal record and have your rights taken away without due process, such as the right to bear arms. You do understand that I have a clean criminal record? No convictions of any kind. Therefor, I shall not be deprived of my rights!