Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

reCAPTCHA

Started by Apo [1637653] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 73 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
Apo [1637653]

ok thnx...

how long do i have to wait so that i can use text/image CAPTCHA again? i have my E/nerve full since i woke up :S
CravenTHC [1569996]

Per staff request I am adding a possible bug with a specific captcha. I'm not sure what this has to do with text/image captcha not working, since it is about the wording and context of a specific one, but you requested it be moved here so here it is.

I received the following text captcha to answer...

[image: i1303.photobucket.com]

In order, I chose the following potential answers: RedBull, Tiffany, Dragonfly, and Madonna.

After consideration it occurs to me that the correct choice is "Swap". It appears that, without realizing this is a correctly spelled word, it is supposed to be "Swamp". Considering "Swap" is also a correctly spelled word, I would suggest a simple retooling of this specific captcha.

Just so we're clear. Other captcha options still work for me. I am able to use the image captcha just fine. I have not had to use reCaptcha.

Edit: The correct answer for this text captcha was "Swap" after all. Again, I don't see what this has to do with this thread. It is simply a request to reword or retool this specific captcha question.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

This is perfectly fine. Of course sometimes it will misspell a word to create another word. We don't have an artificially intelligent system or a database of all words to figure this out.
CravenTHC [1569996]

Ah I see. I wasn't aware that the captchas were procedurally generated. All I knew was that none of the choices appear to be misspelled at first glance until I realized that, despite "swap" being a word, "swamp" was the correctly spelled version.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

The captcha issue has been fixed on the development server and will be added to the production server on Friday. Could you check it again please when it is added to the prod. server? Thank you.