Is the auction house broken or something? Every single time I bid on something it goes to the exact price I bid on it for
Auction house?
Started by GarbageEgirl [1869891] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 48 / 100
Is the auction house broken or something? Every single time I bid on something it goes to the exact price I bid on it for
Oh left the reason why, it says I can't out bid the bidder and it says its someone else...
It works like ebay. You enter your 'maximum' bid and then the system bids up for you on your behalf, up to your maximum.
So the highest bidder's 'maximum' is kept hidden, you just have to enter your highest willing maximum and let the system take care of the rest.
People can enter an amount of money they would be willing to pay for the item, but it doesn't automatically go to the amount they bid on the item. Only when others bid more than the current price it will go up towards the maximum bid the other player entered as they were first to bid that amount.
If you bid more than what someone else has placed as their maximum bid then you will be the highest bidder with your bid being just above their maximum.
If you haven't bid more than the top bidder then the bid just goes up to your maximum
Keep Bidding Higher! Jack the prices up
Well I won what I wanted for 125k more than I wanted to spend...
Check out the item market and cheapest bazaars for bargains. The auction often go way higher than the cheapest bazaar/market prices.
I'm not sure why you would bid more than you wanted to spend. If you're willing to spend a max of 250k, you should not enter a max bid of 400k, for instance.