Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

"Newsfeed" style idea (like Facebook)

Started by PerryDetroit [1879736] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 35 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
PerryDetroit [1879736]

tl;dr Why not add a newsfeed where we post lines/content like in Facebook? Please give pros and cons.

This would also mean having to "follow" players like in Twitter. It will surely add more traffic and activity in the website. It would also mean revamping the "Friends" list in the lower-right corner button... the list right now doesn't require that the other person "friend" you too, but if the "newsfeed" idea were to be followed, people will have to "accept" friend requests.

Please post constructive criticism.
Elge [1868449]

I'm not sure if I get this. You want social media/blog functions in torn? Tell me what you think would be the purpose of this.
PerryDetroit [1879736]

it would make torn more appealing to casual gamers. people today just log in to facebook and close their browser. why not try making torn one of those sites that they visit before they turn off their computer, right? plus people can meet up too. i agree with unknownelement that this may not be facebook, but it sure would be more interesting if people could add a newsfeed like that.
PerryDetroit [1879736]

but given the possibilities, torn can rival facebook in popularity. everyone can attack, make companies, study courses, and still be able to make friends.

basically all im saying is that torn admins might get more traffic and players and whatnot might they have this newsfeed style idea.
Elge [1868449]

I always visit torn before I turn off my computer... I think it would be inappropriate. torn is not the place for selfies and pointless statuses. And I am glad about it.