Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is Torn Dead?

Started by 1796200 [1796200] on in General Discussion.

37 replies · 597 views · thread synced · 13 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
38
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

1796200 [1796200]

I don't know I just check back every few months but it seems to be?
Is it respo that done it?
Staff?
Chedburn himself?
Is there a better game that's like torn?
Is the era of this type of text based game dead and gone?
1413750 [1413750]

This is General Discussion but every sentence is a question so shouldn't this be posted in Questions?

I think whingy complaining drive-by players like you are putting a damper on the game, actually!
1796200 [1796200]

Yes 10k players that one guy from Myanmar are still here but just over a year ago it was 45000 players and a few years before that?


Untouchable [1360035] Committee Committee

Well 16k players means it's not dead, it is dying, not dead though.

Ched is trying to revive it with RESPO and Territories etc. Not sure how well it's working, lots quit when RESPO came out lol
KPCSlor [1557404]

New stuff coming out all the time - Funny this was posted on a day that the new Black Jack system came out

Now fix Poker Ched!
Atr [838114]

I've been away a bit - but this is interesting. Why did people leave after Respo and what were the numbers like?

I get a similar feeling that TC seems much smaller than it used to be, but can't work out why.
Untouchable [1360035] Committee Committee

One of the reasons is ched keeps on nerfing things that don't need nerfed (in my opinion) - obviously he has final say and will do what he thinks is best for his game.

Saying that, I'm one of the people who left after RESPO, I've only very recently come back, I left because I just got bored of the game, more specifically, the hype train, terminating at letdown city. RESPO was announced 2 years before it was released, and all it was, was a makeover, some small features and groundwork for features we have still yet to see.

I'm back now (kind of) but not enjoying the game nearly as much as I used to, even though I know a lot more, and have the potential to make more money than I used to (one of the most enjoyable things about this game imo), I just don't have the motivation.
McDallas [14757]

Wow you're actually serious about your post.

Erm, I got my 10 year medal a few days ago...and all things considered...things have changed, but torn being dead is so far from what it is. It's kind of blossoming really!

You'll hear different opinions regarding RESPO, but if the person is here to whinge and use the forums to do that, be aware, they're here despite what they tell you.

And then there are those who are really enjoying RESPO, all pros and cons considered, myself included.

Dead? No....now what the hell is the point of this thread anyway?

On a more interesting note, OMG kyle, best comment!!! I too laughed a bit too hard to still feel good about myself. R+
1596815 [1596815]

Out with the old and in with the new, people have to learn to adapt, yeah it had lots of bugs and whatnot but it was a massive update, people need to be grateful that he is making a change, I've invested quite a few dollars on this game and I bet most of you have, at least he is doing something to show for, I bet you guys would hate to pay and pay and not seeing anything new. It will improve, just give it time.
dunmugmeh [538353]

Its just less active.

Im afraid one of the reasons was that respo broke the game for many mobile devices and some people just dont bother coming back to a game they think is broken.

It still doesnt work on one of my phones and its not a piece of garbage neither its a fairly new touch screen phone. Though strangely it works on my older blackberry which i use to play it when im at work.
flufffy [494285]

I don't think because it has "?" it needs to go in questions, he's not asking a "how to?" question, he's using this post to bring about a discussion.

I think the game is just fine, I don't know why people complain about mobile, my mobile runs it just fine and I like not have to zoom in all the time.

Fix Poker!
Phill for Staff!
Wollongong [12833]

Having just tried to play torn on my work smartphone... and knowing many people have moved/are moving to smartphone internet... and knowing the mobile version is quite awful to work with... perhaps this has something to do with it?