Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Auction

Started by MEOZ [922033] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 43 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
MEOZ [922033]

If My high bid is 5 million on an item HOW can I get out bid with an EQUAL bid of 5 Million. OUTBID means outbid with more money not an equal bid
You have been outbid on the Empty Blood Bag. You can withdraw your returned bid from the bank. 2015/03/0211:53:02 PM
MEOZ [922033]

Seems to me a separate issue. The reported issue you speak of is same amount of money of the current bid counted as another bid. My issue being OUT BID with the same cash bid as my max bid. Being out bid should be a higher bid than 5 Million not an equal bid
AmErisha [1874713]

As far as I can tell, when someone outbids you the amount they are required to pay is equal to your highest bid until someone bids higher.
MEOZ [922033]

Sorry I assumed that being out bid meant that the bid would be higher like it does when I am outbid on e-bay. I didn't know that being outbid meant the bid was matched.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/automatic-bidding.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I've now changed this so that if the other persons maximum bid is over your bid, their bid will be increased by your bid +1% to simulate a second bid made by the highest bidder. However, if your bid meets the highest bidders maximum bid exactly, their bid will be changed to your exact bid amount.

I believe this is pretty much exactly how ebay works now.