Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

CAPTCHA not working abroad

Started by Kharma [156342] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 57 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100

Most-liked replies

Kharma [156342]

I just flew to Switzerland this morning and noticed that the CAPTCHA did not come up. I landed and was allowed to go to rehab without proving I was not a script auto-executing the function, then flew home. I could have easily just automated the process since there is no CAPTCHA appearing.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Why was this bug report assigned to Viktor? :o

Anyway, I believe Captcha only appears when you go to travel. And it can be gone for up to 2 hours before it appears again, maybe even longer.



Kharma [156342]

No clue on why it got reassigned. It was assigned to Aurel1 then to Viktor...... (?)

CAPTCHA has always appeared when you land. It was set up so that people can't use scripts.
Example: I am about to go to bed. I don't feel like wasting my awake time on such silly things as what others have to do (haha)
I start my journey to Switz (no CAPTCHA comes up on your initial departure - never has to my knowledge). I go to bed and have my script set to run in 2 hours and 30 minutes. 2 hours and 30 minutes later, as I'm sound asleep, my script clicks rehab, goes to the end of the scale, hits rehab, clicks travel home then confirms that I'd like to travel home.

I wake up the next day, fully rehabbed never having to have done anything to hinder my waking hours gameplay.

The CAPTCHA has always been set up (well since its inception) to be required when you land, so as to keep the above from happening.
Kharma [156342]

Interesting. Could there have been any changes lately that cause it to be intermittent? It definitely didn't show on my end this morning. First time it's happened.

I guess I'll just wait for my next trip and let you know if it doesn't show again....best I can do. But it definitely didn't appear today.

Thanks for checking.
JimmyJames [581165]

I can confirm that there's a two hour timer on the captcha. So yeah, technically if you've recently passed the captcha and have WLT or use a BCT, you could script rehabbing.
Para [1455847]

This thread is killing me!!

Please don't add a captcha for every landing overseas.
Ched, you don't play the game but having to enter a captcha everytime you land will kill more aspects than just the cheaters and multies.

I know the captcha is every 2 hours and it's incorporated in the gameplay for warring factions. It's more entwined than just the multies that cheat.
As an example, warring, escaping retals. Having to do a captcha overseas is the difference between getting hosped and flying back home. Some of us fly not to just benefit our game with buying and selling.

Adding a captcha for every overseas landing will only benefit the strong and the rich. So many weak and new guys fly to escape the retal. They can't just sit in Torn and take the hits. Don't give another edge to those that have it all already.

Worst case, if you are going to change it, make it at least 30 mins, or preferably an hour if flying. Anything that close isn't really worth the effort for scripters and the normal players won't be shot down every trip.


I don't normally post but this thread and what may come could ruin the game for so much more than the multies.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

You could maybe script it once, if you timed it perfectly. But I highly doubt users would feel any real benefit from doing it.

As far as I know, there's no issue here. Captcha worked fine for me. If you see an issue please make another report!