Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Question about Working Stats

Started by Albatra [1659147] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 255 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
16
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Albatra [1659147]

I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere, so I would ask that if someone has a link to a previous thread, please share it with me to avoid redundancy.

I am curious about how working stats are gained in companies when you do not have full efficiency. The terminology used is "you will gain up to XX Man, XX End, and XX Int depending on your efficiency". Well how do you know how much you are actually gaining? Is it directly proportionate to your # of stars? If I have 3 star efficiency, am I actually only gaining 60% of the intended stats? Just wondering if anyone knows how this works. Thanks in advance.

Al
AshleyT [1432316]

I'm no expert, and I don't know of any threads regarding this, but I personally have never seen a decrease in stat gains, and never heard of it, and I've been around for a while.

Anyone else know more?
KPCSlor [1557404]

If I'm wrong I say I'm wrong!

Edited to remove bad information - Thanks for the correction Bogie

Learn something new every day
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Ok I see a lot of misconceptions and wrong information posted here... gonna scatter a few -Rs around this thread xP

Manik is right. Your work stat gains are NOT fixed. They are merely capped.

The gains given in the employee info tabs are the potential maximum gains and not necessarily what you personally actually gain.

For most people they're at high enough efficiencies so don't really notice, or just don't record differences in their stats each day anyway.


But unless you're absolutely perfect you won't gain what it says you'll be gaining.

For example... If you are at half efficiency as an employee you will only gain HALF the work stats it says you could potentially gain. (So in your case OP... yes... if you are 3 stars you could potentially only be getting around 60% of the work stats it says you could be getting)


Efficiency is based ENTIRELY on work stats. Things like drug addiction and inactivity give a negative debuff % to your work stats, this results in lower efficiency. If your work stats are too low for the job then you won't be gaining the adequate amount required (think about it this way... if you can't do the job properly... you aren't learning enough... and therefore don't gain the necessary experience... in this case, work stats)


Anyone with lower personal star ratings can see this for themselves (heck, even some with 5 star ratings, the stars ratings are rounded). Check your work stats before 6pm ish Torn time. Then see after how much you gain... If you aren't performing optimally you won't be gaining what you could potentially be getting as a better employee.
AshleyT [1432316]

Aww, I got two down votes for answering the question in the OP as best I can. Oh well, karma is not my friend anyway xD
Kakabu [1932221]

Although I can't confirm BossMatt, my guess is the only way to gain stats with a 0% efficiency is through director trainings.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Pretty much this, you may gain some work stats but it's likely to be next to nothing if any at all, and training will be the only other way to go.

But with enough trains your efficiency will eventually rise to the point where you will be gaining work stats normally.