I've seen a lot being used, from smokes to flashbangs to HEGs, but I don't know what each one does exactly and which one is ideal.
Best Temporary?
Started by Sinkhan [253041] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 25 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
I've seen a lot being used, from smokes to flashbangs to HEGs, but I don't know what each one does exactly and which one is ideal.
That really depends on playstyle and preference. For temps that do damage, the HEG is the best, high damage and high accuracy.
Flashbangs, Teargas, Pepperspray, Smoke... these all reduce your opponents ability to fight back for a period of time, which can lead to an easier fight.
Serotonin, Melatonin, Epinephrine... These are injections that are used mid fight and use up the temporary slot. These are expensive but extremely useful in the right cases.
Somebody should test them all and put a guide in the tutorial forum.
I have only used HEGs and Epi.
Both are very effective.
The non-damaging grenade-type temps are the least clear to me. It seems like they generally reduce enemy speed or something, but I have no clue which one is most effective.
When I look at the damage values for HEGs, it just doesn't seem worth it. They seem to do less damage than a primary and I don't believe they have weapon mastery (XP bar).
As said, a lot of the time it will come down purely to personal preference. To me personally I only really use serotonin, life is so valuable in this attack system, especially when doing repeat chained attacks, the wear down from attrition can be too damaging to ignore... despite it being the most expensive of the boosters the life boost that serotonin gives me (more than blood or even revives now) is invaluable.
HEG is the best one (at least, from looking at the overall stats.) Though I don't use 'em, because I'm really poor.
If you're going to spin out a bunch of hits quickly against strong players then there's nothing better than the epi / serotonin combo...