Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Delete topic Please

Started by Rino_007 [344056] on in Graveyard.

15 replies · 105 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
AshleyT [1432316]

I wouldn't complain.
End of mugging? Unlikely. There's always something there to mug and 10 million is a pretty large amount to take considering the time scale it takes MOST players to make such money.
Edit: I'm probably asking for a mug right now, but I expect career muggers are going to downvote the heck out of me.
Rino_007 [344056]

I'm saying 10 million is a huge wall for a lot of players, and that will give a blanket protection to new players or players who came back after giving everything away. The other day I had 5 million on hand and I got mugged for 400k. I'm not crying about it, but before used to be I could have 20 million on hand and not even loose 500k. I'm just saying a blanket should be done to make it anything under a certain amount is safe.

And right now if I elect to buy out a bazaar that person could loose a lot of the money they put into stocking the bazaar. That isn't right is it? Imagine some player donated say $100 and put all the dps into the bazaar and then got mugged. Ouch they just took a hit with their hard earned real work money, and lost a lot of cash to. At least shielding 90% of the wealth of the transaction means that it won't bite as bad for them.
AshleyT [1432316]

I don't agree with every limit as it is, could use some tweaking, but a bit more protection for those who cannot replace the losses that they currently suffer would be nice.
This game is a bit too dark, even for a crime Game, as months of work can vanish in seconds.
Edit: Typo
DevilSoldier [1731252]

There already is a blanket, after you get mugged for the first time, you can't be mugged for hours after as long as you have the same or less in your wallet

This game has already been hit with bullshit thanks to the blocking of buy muggers, no more thanks, there's other things that need fixing first
AshleyT [1432316]

Anything that hurts mugging is ok as long as it's reasonable, MOST of this suggestion is reasonable as it further hits the buy muggers, although the numbers are a little high.

I would like a limit to how much can be mugged, but it should be aimed lower, you shouldn't have that much on hand to begin with.
Unknown_Element [450910]

mugging is nerfed to hell, its a pittance of what it used to be and is almost not becoming a viable source, there are numerous ways to protect yourself from being mugged, more then their should be in my opinion. this is a crime game, people needs to stop trying to just change this into nothing more then a trading buy/sell game.


they already nerfed almost every aspect of mugging, im just gonna start mugging people who want mugging nerfed out of spite

if you people dont want to get mugged, attacked and want to give hugs then i suggest you go play farmville or find some hello kitty game.
AshleyT [1432316]

This crime game has the most brutal stealing mechanics of any crime game I've ever played, thats all.

I'll be quiet now.
Unknown_Element [450910]

and that is what made this game great, its been that way for years but in last year mugging has been nerfed to death. you guys dont want a brutal game then f**k off to candy crush
maledict [1677916]

As is the case with all these mugging suggestions. Much like http://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=forums&f=4&b=0&a=0&sp=

Idea is poorly thought out and not worded to benefit both sides of the coin: the mugger and the victim.

Like I've said previously on the subject, the black list change is most likely here to stay, any suggestion should work with it and suggest methods in which muggers are rewarded for attacking players outside of the bazaar / any other purchase scenario.

A lot can still be done to satisfy both player types without having to nerf anything at all really. It just depends on the direction Ched desires to go. (which we never get to hear clearly, and in detail)

Simply putting a nerf mugging suggestion will basically get you the one line knee-jerk responses like above. (not entirely wrong, but not representative of the entire player base either)

People still need to get over the fact that bazaar mugging is still quite feasible, you just need to wait for someone else to buy it off your target bazaar victim. Most claim like its actually impossible to bazaar mug now, which is 100% not true. You just can't bazaar mug the same person once caught. (there's a big difference) I'd even argue that now that you have to put some effort into bazaar mugging (>1 min worth of time) that effort is now closer to the amount of time traders must go through to protect themselves from bazaar mugs. Which was the intention I believe.

I personally never quite understood the logic behind making the item market a pseudo mug script to replace the casino streak page, bank cheques, ect., but whatever.

Also if people are gonna give Ched shit, at least do so for the correct reasons. All the changes he makes do so without a good announcement thread PRIOR to the change happening, by him to the community. Most of it is basically either dropped on us the day it's changed which has a lot to do with the frustration.

And obviously as its been mentioned time and time again, just because a small update happens doesn't mean all progress has stopped or slowed on any other parts of the game. So unless you had proof that dev A, who just so happens to work on Update B had to put that on hold, you can't really call them out on it without looking like an needy child.

But like I've said ages ago Ched being more transparent with upcoming changes would've shattered such an illusion people seem to make time and time again. However, I don't expect that in this lifetime as we are shown.

And no : http://www.torn.com/committee.php#/step=main doesn't count as its littered with updates that have already gone though, along with those that have been scrapped. Rather, changes on the "test server" that are planned on going live that month should be kind of hinted / previewed to the entire community. In a patch notes type of presentation.

Another downside to the link above is that it doesn't display Ched's reasoning behind why certain aspects of the game are designed a certain way. Which are pretty damn important for any suggestion to actually have any weight.

Anyway sorry for the slight de-rail.