Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Close.

Started by YNMK [1877410] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 60 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

1875860 [1875860] ×1 YNMK [1877410] ×1

YNMK [1877410]

Okay, I just mugged someone and got almost nothing when I should have got a huge amount. So I'd like this to be checked.

The player is InvictusManeo [1875860].

Profile: www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1875860

At around 11:18 TCT, I observed that he had 19/20 dps in his bazaar priced at $23m each and he was on his way to UAE.

11:20 TCT: I hop on a plane to UAE.
14:30 TCT: I arrive in UAE but he had arrived 2-3 minutes back and lost to someone and was in hosp.
14:50 TCT: He comes out of hosp and I attack him at the exact second but he leaves then and so I can't attack him. I leave in 10 sec.
18:00 TCT: I arrive back in Torn.
18:05 TCT: I come online and check his profile and see that he hasn't been online for 2+ hours.
18:07 TCT: I mug him and get $61.

Now, my argument:

1. I was lagging him by 10-20 seconds only while travelling back as I waited him out of hosp but he was fast enough to leave and the second he left and I got the failed attack thingy, I travelled back too.

2. I came on-line just 5 minutes after arriving in Torn, so he must have arrived around 5.5 minutes back but he hadn't come online in 2 hours+.

3. Yet, when I mug him I get $61.

4. I had a confirmation that the DPs in his bazaar were sold and as soon as I came back, he hadn't come online so I rechecked, no DPs.

5. That is around $440m to $460m worth of DPS sold.

6. I haven't mugged him in a few days so no protection would be active.

7. If he was mugged before he left, it would still have died because normal protection time is 3 hours, he was missing for 6+ hours.

8. There was nothing in UAE that was collectively worth upto $460m. There was no combat gear, only the costly items, tribulus and pillows, so he should have some cash left even if he bought pillows to his max capacity.

So basically, there is no way I would get only $61. There is most definitely some mug protection bug here or so and I would like it to be reviewed.

Either that or he managed to bank his money while travelling. >

I'll post the log soon.

Mentions: 1875860 [1875860]

Yaz [1575994]

"normal protection time is 3 hours" - I'm not sure if that's true. I get protection for like 12h+

Also, they might have bought stocks. Most people do that if they got lots of cash while traveling.
YNMK [1877410]

That you get because people attack you and mug you. If during the time period you are attacked, it extends.

Oh stocks, damn I missed it completely :/

My bad. :(

Now I look like a fool xD

Thanks anyways