I am having problems logging on. I get a popup (picture put up). I have to log on via https://www.torn.com/mobile/index.php
Problem logging on
Started by Iquithisgame [1908332] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 34 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
I am having problems logging on. I get a popup (picture put up). I have to log on via https://www.torn.com/mobile/index.php
perhaps u need to setup adsblock program to stop ads and popups
Somewhere in your phone settings you can set it to only load the true web page. By default it will load the mobile site on phones.
Read this link to see how to force website to not use mobile pages for your phone.
http://www.howtogeek.com/176932/how-to-disable-the-mobile-version-of-a-website-on-your-phone/
On each website you load you should be able to change how it downloads, even if you want popups. This link is for Android phones. I know nothing about iPhones.
It is happening on my PC
what browser and os?
Google chrome running on windows 8.
have you tried any other browsers, to determine if its a browser issue?
have you cleared your cache and temp files?
do you use an add-blocker program?
whats the popup picture? ads/malware? Deltasearch? babalon? < they get stuck in alot of peoples browsers
or is it a torn popup?
I use adblock plus. Cache is cleared and its a browser problem, Happens with no other site
can you provide a screenshot of the popup, please?
I already did. And the popup comes only in incognito
Sorry. Forgot about this thread but the problem has gone on my computer.
I will pass this over to another developer to see if this is an actual problem. They can either make changes to fix it, pass it on to another developer, or close it.
isdquit2, is this issue replicated when you login on https://www.torn.com/ (a form at the top of the page) ?
I used to get this problem when i tried to open Torn.com. I could only open via https://www.torn.com/mobile/index.php . But the problem went on its own.
P.S. I clear my cache weekly so i am pretty sure it was not cache related
Could you please disable all Chrome extensions and try again? If the issue still relevant then try to reinstall Chrome.
Like I said in previous posts the problem has now gone.
Oh yes. So I close the issue. Thanks.