Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

about these eggs

Started by NikolaTesla [1631174] on in General Discussion.

17 replies · 586 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
NikolaTesla [1631174]

Do we have to actively search for them or do we just stay alert for them appearing while we are playing?

Once they spawn do they stay there or do they only last a set period of time?

If you find a green egg in the sweet shop does that mean everyone can find one there?


Plornt [1799359]

They dont stay in the same place across pages, that being said I have found that once you are set to receive an egg they will keep randomly appearing somewhat consistently across pages until you find it.

The locations of the eggs are entirely random, they are not consistent across user accounts nor are they consistent even across your own account by the looks of it. Theoretically you could find an egg on the same page in the exact same location, it would be highly unlikely but still doable.

I'd recommend doing what you want to do, if you want to actively search for them go ahead although it seems there is a cooldown between eggs. If you want to just play the game and find them as you go through that is also perfectly acceptable.
McDallas [14757]

They will just appear as you play, but I do recommend a bit of active searching - as in when you load a new page take a look around before you click to the next area.

They expire. I guess to avoid salmonella. Another reason to check your page up and down for eggs first, then do whatever you wanted to do on that page.

No, it's not like you can tell your buddies the page where you found one, and when they go there they find an egg too. It's more random than that. But yes, they can appear anywhere in the game.


NikolaTesla [1631174]

Yeah, I thought it might be this. I found one a few hours ago (clicking through Education).

The cooldwon period someone mentioned must be quite a while because since then I have been on pretty much every page possible (not counting other players profiles and bazaars etc of course) and nothing has appeared since.

But I did click all the way through the city and the newspaer, for instance and my own account and faction pages and found no more eggs.

So I'm thinking maybe at this stage one a day is as good as it gets but that the rate in which they spawn may increase over time.
McDallas [14757]

Sounds about right. I'm not sure I agree with the perceived cool down, as Ched mentions in the announcement that the spawn rate will be slow in the beginning until they know the system works. Could simply be slow spawns rather than cooldown, but we'll see in a few days.
WIT_KAT [1641178]

Seems like I recall reading where a couple of people found more than one egg... So far I have only found a red one but when I clicked on it it just disappeared without crediting me with the find... [:disappointed:]
Plornt [1799359]

Yeah just purely anecdotal, it may be that too. Either way I havent had any eggs since the first one I clicked show up. That being said personally I have found when you have an egg that is spawned you are fairly guaranteed to be able to find it since it consistently shows up randomly even if you miss it (That however may be just a coincidence). It may be a perceived cool down but thats the easiest way of explaining it. I'd doubt you could find 2 and click 2 in a row but we shall see, early days into the competition.
Meggie [226814]

White eggs are harder to see on the grey/white/silver background TC uses, hence being rarer since they will be overlooked more. Also the cooldown is very long it seems, I found my first one 7ish hours ago and haven't seen one since, played for about 5 hours after looking constantly
shadow-wolf [920452]

I just found a white egg on the grey background area outside the sidebar to the left, i almost completely missed it since it blended in so well.
CatHead [1581564]

As far as I'm aware there is no cooldown. Remember this is a month long competition- It would be f**king poor design if you could find a full set in a day.

I haven't found any yet, but I'm in no rush.
IIIlusionist [253384]

i hope it is the case that when you are due one that they do appear more regularly till you collect it...would be incredibly helpful for the players that are not as active and can't click around as much