Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Analyzing Easter Egg Drops and Finding.

Started by Horanos [168480] on in General Discussion.

54 replies · 1.73k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
55
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Horanos [168480]

Before you ask, for the record, at the time of creating this thread, I have seen two Easter Eggs and managed to seize one.

I've been mulling over this, reading the forum threads about eggs in particular. A few questions, and observations perhaps.

* What's up with eggs coming up directly on other click-able things? I lost a yellow egg because it was directly on top of the logout icon! Dang! Others have reported similar quandaries. Is this deliberate, or a browser rendering problem?

* I've been wondering - is the City Map the best place to find eggs? I ask because I wonder how it works in terms of egg-finding. Since when you scroll way in, and then start looking around, the map loads in blocks, right? So does that mean each block of city map loaded is a separate roll for an egg? Or is it just once, when the City page loaded? It would be kind of brilliant for Chedburn to code it this way, to bring more interest to the city map which was pretty clearly worked on a lot by the artist(s).

* Is finding eggs restricted to once per log-on? Because I've never even seen multiple eggs on a single log-on, no matter how long I've been on or how many times I've refreshed a particular page.

* These people reporting multiple egg finds... what the hell are they doing? Could they post their ballpark figure of how many pages/refreshes they've done, because I've done hundreds of page refreshes, and to paltry results.

* In an earlier thread Chedburn said he's directly seeing totals of egg finds and seeing the percentages of the player population that got eggs and how many, which makes me wonder... is he hard-coding a limit of the number of eggs found, or the max number of eggs a player can find before it zeroes out for him? Are we going to see that it will come down to no player will get a lot of eggs, regardless of how much 'work' he might put into searching for them?

* Are there any areas that we know for sure that eggs will absolutely not be found, which might be interesting to know, if it turns out to be something important?
L4suicide [15699]

Like Ched coded any of it :-p he's too busy with the comp changes

ive had reports that anyone sending me money has found an egg just on the confirmation page, so maybe give that a try...

Otherwise i suspect the chances are similar to the old find items in the city ones, you get one chance per hour, if you don't find one no point in refreshing.

if you do find one your chance doesn't go.. But likelyhood is so low that no one finds two in an hour

Link rendering will be specific to your browser and settings (zoom etc).

Someone clever has probably worked out his JavaScript code and will have more detail about pages to check etc. but probably won't tell anyone else in case they get banned for abuse lol

ched is only going to monitor egg finds to weed out abusers.. So don't think you will be capped to finds by anything other than the random chances of finding an egg
Horanos [168480]

Also, I remember seeing someone comment on how the green egg on the "Specials" Easter Eggs tab sometimes turn gray.

Anyone know why? Does it signify something?

On the off chance it's an egg indicator, I triple-search the page I'm on!
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

It's a sidebar bug. It will do that with every icon on the sidebar when in your items page.

Even crimes/gym/education etc when highlighted will go grey in the items page.
kyle8048 [488020]

you can find them on any page. And I imagine the only limit is a minimum time limit until you can find your next egg. The rest is luck
savit [1899598]

so far to my experiance and what i read somewhere u cant find eggs whenever the egg symbol urns grey in the sidebar
TTM [213036]

Its not a bug. When you are in a part of Torn where the Easter Egg is Grey it means you cant find Eggs in that part of the game.
As far as I know only the Items page is locked for eggfinding.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

No... It's a bug... you'll see the same thing appear with any competition icon... and as I said... any icon on the sidebar that 'highlights' such as gym/crimes when on full energy/nerve or education when you finish that...

See here, note my energy too:

[image: i.gyazo.com]


Above image there is taken from the index.php link


Below image here is taken from items.php, as you can see... my energy is full, gym link should be highlighted but it isn't.

[image: i.gyazo.com]
TTM [213036]

Ah ok cool. Cant find the topics but that about the item pages was stated a few times.
Good to know it aint true then.
Thanks for that.
Horanos [168480]

Well, anyone understand how the City Map works and how Egg Drops would work in relation to it?

Like, only one roll of the dice when City page is loaded, or is each block of the City Map a separate roll?
_T_ [1009930]

I finally found 1 saturday night. It was while refreshing the forum. My scren was blank for the most part, But i seen a lil pink dot, & clicked on it. WHen the screeen finally finished refreshing it said i found a pink egg.

other than that the only other 1 i seen was in the mailbox link of my sidebar, & by the time i clicked on it. It said it was left in the sun to long.

I have turned off sigs for this comp. so i quit clicking people's uploaded eggs by mistake xD
InsaneChef [1151826]

I'd be curious to see an end of competition report generated for each active user that shows total eggs generated, since we are all bound to miss the obscure ones now and again. I found one the first few minutes of the competition and nothing since.