Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Increasing the nerve cap

Started by Rino_007 [344056] on in Suggestions.

124 replies · 883 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 125 / 125 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
125
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×1

Rino_007 [344056]

My proposal is based on 45 nerve while it is enough to work with the difference between having "the top" nerve bar and being able to do the hardest organized crime is woefully huge. I'd say even further of a gap than 10-45 nerve.

My proposal: To make additional levels of nerve for progression. I'm suggesting raising it to 60, with 50 and 55 being signs of a improvement with 60 being "just a little off" or "there already" for the top organized crime. As it stands now it won't add that much of an imbalance to allow that as it will not improve their ability just their nerve bar (as a means of telling their experience)

Changing from 60 to 45 will provide an additional 15 nerve and has the regen implications of an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes of buffer without wasting nerve. This puts it on every 5 hours they'd need to do crimes or waste the nerve.

If 60 is too high I'd counter propose 55. If 55 would be the new max natural then 50 would be the "halfway there" symbol of experience.


Rino_007 [344056]

Chedburn [1]

While the new crimes system will increase the nerve cap by huge amounts (120+), I'm not against increasing the nerve cap for the current crimes system beforehand.


So this did get a post stating his opinion.

Mentions: Chedburn [1]

1413750 [1413750]

I've reached the rating limit right now, but I'll definitely come back in a bit and rate +! I definitely think there should be an increase to the top NNB size!
Rino_007 [344056]

Good to know. There is a way to get around the rating limit. It is just because you've R+'d so many of my posts relative to how many as a whole you've done. (At least I'm speculating that).
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

This may also get a few people to use nerve bar refill if they have that high NNB. Just to lure them to earn it back through hacking.
+1
IIIlusionist [253384]

I think an increase in nerve would be great.

Perhaps adding something new that you can do with nerve too (ie expanding the role of nerve) so that it won't mainly be for crimes

Rino_007 [344056]

My main problem is there currently is no clear progression after 45. After you can do the top crime- it is all about bragging rights.
miro [1689701]

just join the appropriate companies if your nerve bar is your playstyle?
Amusement Park
1 starDauntless+ 1 nerve(1 job points)
3 starFree Ride+ 250 happiness for target(10 job points)
5 starUnflinching+ 10 maximum nerve(Passive)
7 starAdrenaline Rush+ 25% epinephrine effect & duration(Passive)
10 starThrill Seeker+ 10% crime skill and experience gain(Passive)
Meat Warehouse
1 starBlood Thirst+ 1 nerve(1 job points)
3 starButcher+ 10% melee weapon damage(Passive)
5 starCarnage+ 10 maximum nerve(Passive)
Pub
1 starPub Lunch+ 3 Energy(1 job points)
3 starDrunken Master+ 10% melee weapon damage(Passive)
5 starLiquid Courage+ Refill nerve bar(25 job points)
7 starLightweight+ 50% bottles of alcohol boost(Passive)
10 starBuzzed+ 15 maximum nerve(Passive)
Jason187 [1808995]

I think the point is to raise NNB and new crime exp to a point where it would be possible to reach enough crime exp to participate and succeed in PA OC's. Since Ched so kindly screwed us newer players out of ever being able to attain that goal with his busting nerf.
miro [1689701]

I know that but if we increase natural to say 60 then add another x ammount on top of that with company specials it gets a little overpowering. Not to mention that who knows what crimes 2.0 will bring. It will be an entirely new system.
Rino_007 [344056]

How will it be overpowering? I mean if they would let their nerve fill up that means they lost natural regen for energy. All it will be is mostly symbolical of "HEY I'm in a whole other crime experience class". Like now you can attain a 45 nerve bar in <1 year, no busting involved to speed it up. To get to a pa without busting would probably be 5+ years of doing SAFE crimes without any major game changes in experience rewards. So knowing you're approaching would be helpful.
1413750 [1413750]

We tested someone who did 6+ years of safe crimes only (but hardly any busting). They didn't even measure up to a crappy buster (4k busts total). So, no, 5+ years doesn't even come anywhere near close to PA leading.
Kidnapped [1841988]

rhino you have my support on this bud, as someone that hasn't reached 45 just yet i can't speak from experience but I would like something to aim for in terms of goals and such.

Rated + and i hope this get's noticed [:sick:]