Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Forum rating issue

Started by 1413750 [1413750] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 38 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
1413750 [1413750]

About 4 or 5 days ago, I rated a certain users posts up (I can't remember how many, could have been 5-7 or something). Now I can't rate + any of their posts, it says "rating limit reached." eg. I've been trying to r+ this suggestion thread of theirs since they posted it 3.5 days ago:

[image: oi57.tinypic.com]

I can rate other people's posts/threads fine, just not this users ^. I've also been rating + other people's posts/threads in the meantime.
1413750 [1413750]

Alright, squeaky wheel got the grease. Apparently now I can rate + his posts and threads (although it'll probably stop me from doing so now that I've posted this).

But why do I have to wait 4 days to rate + someone if I give them 5-7 + rates in a shortish amount of time? That seems to punish good posters.

I think such a long wait is excessive, especially since I'm not focussing all (or most) of my + rates on that 1 person.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

There are hidden limits to stop excessive rating ups. Rating the same person up 5-7 times is certainly excessive.