Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Wtf is this?

Started by INTJ [1436003] on in Attacking.

9 replies · 195 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

-sparkle- [173159] ×1 INTJ [1436003] ×1

INTJ [1436003]

Did armor get a large boost in the new Attacking system? I haven't paid much attention until now.

Here the best example I can produce atm...

http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=2909821a2030e3756f65535a46bb9f25

  • RPG hit -sparkle- with his Kodachi Swords in the heart for 2258
  • -sparkle- hit RPG with her Macana in the stomach for 0
  • RPG hit -sparkle- with his Kodachi Swords in the left leg for 2809
Does it really make that big of a difference? My crits usually range from 6-8k depending on how much defense the player has. So how can I do nearly 600+ more damage on a leg hit over a heart crit? Their armor negates several thousand damage? That's just stupid...

Mentions: -sparkle- [173159] · INTJ [1436003]

APOLLO [862724]

Body armour also provides the bulk of protection over the chest area. If she is not wearing combat pants or similar legs will yield great damage. Doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary going on
INTJ [1436003]

Pretty sure the Heart has always been a crit. Seriously, that's not even in question here lol.

Edit: Forgot about this, go check my attack log again. See where I hit the heart? See the bullseye that's filled with red? Yeah that means it's a crit. Now look at the leg hit, see how it's a normal non-red-filled bullseye? Yeah that means it's not a crit.

@Corse, I wasn't doing it for level exp. I'm severely drugged up on xanax and I happen to know their strength. So I was simply testing how effective my defense currently is. She hit me for 0 every time. There does seem to be a massive drop after you hit -30% addiction, because the last time I tried her at -33% she was doing quite a bit of damage. Now I'm at -22% and she only hits for 0... still working out how -11% can be the difference in doing 0 vs 800-1000 per hit on me.

As for leveling... http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=7a3e7e444d13e8c46412e8a734e12e9b
APOLLO [862724]

Looking for eggs in the hospital and bumped into Ultraman.... Left on the street by rpg. Interesting bit of research.


INTJ [1436003]

That was for level exp. He's 93 ffs lol...

YOU MUGGED APOLLO AND STOLE $32,475. Got you a nice bed next to him. Try contributing something informative to this thread please.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

To answer your question, yes, armor got a huge boost in the new attacking system. I've fought a lot since attacking 2.0 and I can confirm many many instances where I'd do far more damage to someone's legs than to their chest due to the fact they didn't have leg armor on.