I've been rewatching Peep Show like crazy and want to find some more darkly funny British shows though I don't care about nationality really. I also like the dark humor in Louie and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If yalls know about shows like Peep Show, Pulling, Misfits, anything without a laugh track and can make jokes like running over a date's dog, burning the dog's body, then eating it in an attempt to hide it and can make it funny, let me know, especially if they can be streamed online! I'd appreciate any recommendations.
British TV
Started by Spinks [1905084] on in TV & Movies.
About this thread
Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 40
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 30 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 43 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
I've been rewatching Peep Show like crazy and want to find some more darkly funny British shows though I don't care about nationality really. I also like the dark humor in Louie and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If yalls know about shows like Peep Show, Pulling, Misfits, anything without a laugh track and can make jokes like running over a date's dog, burning the dog's body, then eating it in an attempt to hide it and can make it funny, let me know, especially if they can be streamed online! I'd appreciate any recommendations.
There is too many to mention english comedy is the best.
The league of gentlemen.
Blackadder.
The fast show.
Monkey dust.
Bottom.
The New Statesman.
Nice, I'd only heard of the first two!
The Thick Of It - real good if you like quick wit
I'm Alan Partridge - awkward as... not to everyone's taste
There really are too many to list. But will list some more.
Comic strip presents (a lot of very dark, funny films/mini movies)
All the Monty Python films.
garth marenghi's darkplace (i liked this a lot)
the young ones.
Peep Show is amazing. Make sure you check out The Mitchell and Webb situation if you haven't already. Those two are too good together.
Fawlty Towers
Allo Allo
belong in the "must watch" category ;)
Love Alan Partridge!
I haven't watched Fawlty Towers but I get that one and Are You Being Served? mixed up all the time. I'll have to check it out
So good together! It's amazing. I love the sketch where Queen Victoria comes to the US and says the linden trees smell like cum. I. Died.
Only fools and horses
Spaced and Black Books are really good too
If you like Mitchell and Webb look up some Armstrong and Miller
Episodes on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tawh7XDnOc
The thick of it is fantastic!
Blackadder and Father Ted area also great :)
Yay! I love Peep Show â¡ Mark is my spirit animal.
Have to say Peep show is probably one of the best. I can't help but be in uncontrollable fits of laughter for that show.
Another great show over here has to be the Inbetweeners. It's one of the few shows I find laugh out loud funny.
Come with us now on a journey through Time, and Space! To the world of the mighty
Something something
boosh!
It's already been suggested but black books is hilarious. And if you like peep show try fresh meat, its made by the same people and is also hilarious.
Look Around You, Monkey Dust, The Day Today, Brass Eye, Mighty Boosh.