I recently received the 500mil net worth medal.
This medal is also a rank trigger, however I haven't received a new rank yet.
-Spades a guy I've been in contact with about ranks since I first joined said that this is a little weird and thought it was worth a bug report.
Where did you hear 500m is a rank trigger?
Rank Triggers:
Level:
2
6
11
26
31
50
71
100
Crimes:
100
5,000
10,000
20,000
30,000
50,000
Networth:
$2,000
$50,000
$500,000
$3,000,000
$10,000,000
$20,000,000
$50,000,000
$200,000,000
$1,000,000,000
$2,500,000,000
$5,000,000,000
Ranks:
1. Absolute Beginner. (game beginning)
2. Beginner.
3. Inexperienced.
4. Rookie.
5. Novice.
6. Below Average.
7. Average.
8. Reasonable.
9. Above Average.
10. Competent.
11. Highly Competent.
12. Veteran.
13. Distinguished.
14. Highly Distinguished.
15. Professional.
16. Star.
17. Master.
18. Outstanding.
19. Celebrity.
20. Supreme.
21. Idolized.
22. Champion.
23. Heroic.
24. Legendary.
25. Elite.
26. Invincible.
So you are Rank #13 Distinguished. The medal on your profile always shows as 1 rank lower (so rank 12 for you) than your true rank, because you start off with the Absolute Beginner medal (which you didn't have to earn).
Ah f**k. Not again. Thanks.
Sorry about that.