Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Drug pack odds

Started by Supahotfire [1903862] on in Questions & Answers.

26 replies · 3.73k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Supahotfire [1903862]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've read on the wiki the odds of getting either vicodin or xanax from a drug pack are 50/50. In the 20 drug packs I've opened I've received 3 xanax. Either I'm extremely unlucky or the odds are not what they're supposed to be. I've heard other people say they get more vicodin than xanax too.

Was thinking of posting this in the bug forum, but wanted to see if others encountered the same problem too. So, what results have you gotten from opening drug packs?


rocinante [1771266]

The probability of getting three or fewer xanax packs in a sample of 20 packs with 50/50 odds is 0.00128, or just over one chance in a thousand.
Unlucky, but possible.
Criminal [325119]

umm... In wiki they probably meant if some were continually keep opening drug packs till eternity, the ratio between xanax and vicodin would keep converging to 50/50 ratio.

So just keep buying more Drug Packs you will get your xanaxes.
Supahotfire [1903862]

Yes, that is literally what 50/50 odds imply. If you have 2 possible outcomes with the same probability in the end you should get around 50% of each outcome assuming the sample is large enough. 20 is nowhere close to a large enough sample so if some people would be willing to add some of their own results that would be very much appreciated. A sample of say 500 would give a more realistic image of the actual odds.

By the way, every case is individual. If you happen to get vicodin 10 times in a row your chance of getting xanax the next time is still 50% (assuming those the actual odds). Never take previous outcomes into account, they have no influence on the odds of future outcomes!
Rino_007 [344056]

But opening drug packs ARE a waste of money now due to how much Vicodin is. You have a 50% chance to get 100k-200k of Vicodin or you have a 50% chance to get ~ 8 million worth of Xanax. Oh and the price is ~4.6 million, so you'd only save <4 million if you beat the odds.
Supahotfire [1903862]

Drug packs are worth it in bulk amounts when they are priced lower than 4.5mil. You can sell the xanax for a total of around 8.85mil and the vicodin for a total of 110k, which amounts to a grand total of close to 4.5mil. Even if in on average you would lose money per pack you open you can still make a profit if you open packs till you have more xanax than vicodin. Say you have a few 100 million. You buy 1 pack and open it. Repeat as long as the amount of vicodin received is lower than xanax. Once you have 10 more xanax than vicodins you stop. If you lose lose 50k on average per pack you have 89 packs to get 10 more xanax than vicodins.
Psychotica [1862952]

I open the drug packs I get from my SYM block. Havent really kept track but I've probably opened around 20 as well. And I definitely have gotten more xanax than vicodins. Only 3-4 have been vicodins so far iirc. Though, I expect that to change over time ofc.
Supahotfire [1903862]

Ok guys thanks, guess I just won the jackpot of bad luck then. I will keep investing in drug packs then, will try to keep track of the outcomes.
Rino_007 [344056]

If you loose loose?

Each Vicodin is worth (current prices) 11k... so 110k per pack lost so 8.8m +110k = 8.9m

I suppose if you get the packs at a good enough price and you are lucky enough you might be able to profit but it likely isn't worth the effort. You'd have to manage 4.4m per drug pack to get ~100k 'profit' per 2 packs if you maintain 50% conversion.
Never mind if you get mugged. Let's see so if you obtained 100 drug packs that would be 10 million profit so it'd be a 2.27% profit or so.
PsycWard [1579270]

I generally have bad luck with drug packs so I had stopped opening them but I did yesterday and had 5 of 8 come out Xan
CastleQueen [1735522]

Would you have made this thread if you'd gotten it the other way round?

It probably just seems like more people are finding more vicos because people are more likely to post about it... like how everyone seems to be finding cool stuff in the city because it's the people that have found them that will be more likely to post on threads about it.