Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attacking question.

Started by McCandless [1868253] on in Attacking.

10 replies · 202 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

McCandless [1868253]

Me and my friend Razza were testing out our stats on eachother and come across an odd outcome.

Note that I am a weaker overall player (I'll catch up one day ;))

It seems, whenever I initiate an attack against him, I get SLAUGHTERED. Barely do any damage at all, I think the most i've accomplished whilst attacking him is 300 or something.

But, when he attacks me, it's a real close fight, to the extent where he almost loses.

I'm not saying its a bug, cos I don't think that is it but I'm wondering why this is. Has anyone experienced similar outcomes, or has an explanation? I know the not-so-new attacking system has changed things but I wouldn't of thought it'd work like this.


Yes, we were both on full health, both on Xanax cooldowns. No radiation poisoning - all attacks where made within minutes of each other.


DILIGENT [1363920]

Not possible to comment without the attack logs, stats distributions, and merit upgrades.
My guess would be the disparity between the strength vs defense and speed vs dexterity between you two or something along those lines.

McCandless [1868253]

Why would it matter what our stats are?

What im tryna find out is why I get slaughtered when I initiate the attack but almost win when defending.

This happens pretty much everytime so what our stats are doesnt matter.
Majsan [843586]

Maybe it has something to do with your attack preferences? Maybe Razza has a real bad setup in there which cripples him when you attack him? Do you use temp items? When do they trigger in the fights?



In the former attack system attacking and defending worked totally different, but in this, attacking and defending shouldn´t be different.



Anyways, my guess is your settings in attack preferences make the difference.
DILIGENT [1363920]

Your stats won't matter if you both trained balanced and the all other factors like merits upgrades,etc are equal.
That's why I say I can't really explain or comment on the outcome. I doubt nobody would be able to explain your situation except may be the Admins. But without the attacks logs we, the other players can't even hypothesize properly what is happening here.
Excuse my previous comment if you are looking answer from an admin or staff. Cheers
Kidnapped [1841988]

I think its time i change my preferences, still not sure on why its such a close fight when im attacking but meh, we'll try and get some attack logs in the next day or so and see what's going on !

Thanks maj ;)