Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

** Event Control System **

Started by HandsomePants [1897243] on in Suggestions.

79 replies · 509 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 80 / 80 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
80
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
49 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

HandsomePants [1897243]

I propose a revamp of the Event system, specifically adding a new tab to the Preferences page, which I've mocked up here (with great skill in MS Paint, mind you). Ideally event types would be grouped into categories that could be controlled together. Staff could group these or maybe decide which are unable to be turned off, with Committee input. New events could be added, but that's a different discussion, this suggestion is for controlling how they are handled.

[image: i.imgur.com]

Where:
Off = Do not even show in the Events log
Log = Show in the Events log for future searches to find, but not trigger any notifications
Notify = Act like all current events: log, highlight and increment your Events links, and trigger City Watch if installed.

The goal is to give each player control over what he/she sees and is notified about. For example, I would immediately turn off "Drug Use" and "chosen for an OC" notifications. I could also see players toggling "You attacked ... " logging off during war, and on while finding mug targets. Traders would likely want to see everything related to commerce, but some others may not care when their bazaar full of sheep plushies finally sells. The point is granular control for all.

Thoughts? Please bump and rate + if you agree!

**EDIT: Possibly eliminate the 'OFF' option in order to lessen bug reports and the like, that would be fine with me**
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

R+ But I'm learning not to get high hopes for good suggestionslike this to get implemented.
---but they seem to be hard at work on some good stuff

Have been bumping the Group E-mail Suggestion kpcslor started, and tho it needs votes still, I'm not holding my breath.
HandsomePants [1897243]

Yeah you're probably right, honestly. I would much rather see them working on important stuff like Territories/Crimes/anything 2.0 than stuff like this, but I also don't want to get ALL my karma from the IRC and Trading Post forums :)
HandsomePants [1897243]

I wouldn't turn off OD notifications, just don't need the event that I took the drug and didn't OD. As for being attacked, yes I doubt many would turn that off, but let's say you're paying for sluts and getting attacked 100+ times a day on purpose, then you might change it to Log instead of Notify so your City Watch isn't constantly pinging, but you can still get notifications for other events.